Author Topic: Flytampa, Flightbeam, FSDT and 29Palms future products to be P3D4 only  (Read 78887 times)

timmo73

Since I live here in Orlando and down the street from Lockheed Martin I'm trying to get Lockheed Martin to ban or have stricter guidelines those that are using Prepar3D for entertainment purposes. Lockheed Martin is not in the entertainment business nor will they ever be. Their simulator is getting abused by people using it for entertainment purposes and can't wait until Dovetail Games gets their 64bit simulator meant for entertainment purposes. I brought it to Lockheed Martins attention what's going on and they are looking into it. Their information could get into the wrong hands because people choose to ignore what P3D is used for. I'm better off patiently waiting for Dovetail Games to create their 64bit simulator when I know Lockheed Martin will do something sooner or later to prevent this from happening anymore. If you have both P3D 64bit and Dovetail Games 64bit there will be confusion on airplanes and scenery compatible. It's stupid to focus on Lockheed Martin as again they are not in the entertainment business and not getting anything from Microsoft anymore. Remember, Microsoft has granted the rights to Dovetail Games and not Lockheed Martin to develop the next Flight Simulator in the series. I think I am very wise to wait and see what happens. Lockheed Martin has the right to terminate any license not used for entertainment purposes. I'll let Dovetail Games to develop their new 64bit simulator and join them when the time is right for me. I have a conscience and it bothers me that i would really be using P3DV4 for entertainment purposes so after downloading it I decided to ask for a refund and do what I believe is right. Ive' waited all this time for a new Flight Simulator since FSX and I can wait longer. Patience is a virtue.

Mark_Fox

Since I live here in Orlando and down the street from Lockheed Martin I'm trying to get Lockheed Martin to ban or have stricter guidelines those that are using Prepar3D for entertainment purposes. Lockheed Martin is not in the entertainment business nor will they ever be. Their simulator is getting abused by people using it for entertainment purposes and can't wait until Dovetail Games gets their 64bit simulator meant for entertainment purposes. I brought it to Lockheed Martins attention what's going on and they are looking into it. Their information could get into the wrong hands because people choose to ignore what P3D is used for. I'm better off patiently waiting for Dovetail Games to create their 64bit simulator when I know Lockheed Martin will do something sooner or later to prevent this from happening anymore. If you have both P3D 64bit and Dovetail Games 64bit there will be confusion on airplanes and scenery compatible. It's stupid to focus on Lockheed Martin as again they are not in the entertainment business and not getting anything from Microsoft anymore. Remember, Microsoft has granted the rights to Dovetail Games and not Lockheed Martin to develop the next Flight Simulator in the series. I think I am very wise to wait and see what happens. Lockheed Martin has the right to terminate any license not used for entertainment purposes. I'll let Dovetail Games to develop their new 64bit simulator and join them when the time is right for me. I have a conscience and it bothers me that i would really be using P3DV4 for entertainment purposes so after downloading it I decided to ask for a refund and do what I believe is right. Ive' waited all this time for a new Flight Simulator since FSX and I can wait longer. Patience is a virtue.

What was the point of this? I too am tired of reading stuff like this. Your comments adds zero value to the discussion. But in this day and age that's ok.

Now that you have no horse in the race, it's time for you to stop telling other people how their horse is run. Step away. Please.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 07:42:18 pm by Mark_Fox »

Hnla

Since I live here in Orlando and down the street from Lockheed Martin I'm trying to get Lockheed Martin to ban or have stricter guidelines those that are using Prepar3D for entertainment purposes

I bet you were one of those kids in school who reminded the teacher about the homework

Jayster226

go home

stevefocus

Ignore this muppet, he posted exactly the same thing on the flightbeam forums. I should imagine he has done the same on the flytampa and 29 palms forums.

bradl

Your problem is that you ASSUME that people are using it for entertainment purposes. You have no bloody idea how or why people are using the Academic version of P3D.

We all know what happens when you ASSUME. So keep your preconceived notions (read: prejudices) to yourself.

BL.

Hnla

Guys I think he's honestly just a spammer. He's been advertising his stupid "Dovetails FlightSimWorld" in his last like 10 posts. It's so obvious
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 07:07:52 pm by Hnla »

streichholz

Yeah, sounds like he is from DT itself. Obviously he has no idea what he is talking about.

Leemazz

PMDG MD11 thats all , that is why i will stick with FSX , i can run P3D but i dont like the look of it . Wise move to release KSDF for FSX other than that , which im glad your releasing it for FSX , im happy for you boys to move on but until PMDG release the MD11 for P3Dv whatever i will stick with FSX with big stevie boys DX10 fixer . Blue skies all you big timers in your PMDG 777s , oh and its not real ssshhhhhh dont tell anybody

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I hope you don't honestly think we should intentionally release new airports (those are are *designing* now, to be released in the next 2-3 years ) crippled by having to support a sim based on 11-years old technology, just because some other developers are unable/unwilling to update some of their products for 64 bit.

Leemazz

I agree with you 100% Umberto its the correct move to move away from FSX , what i mean is that you will have good sales from KSDF in FSX due to the fact of the PMDG MD11 because as we all know UPS are based at KSDF and operate 37 MD11s .

All im saying is i will not be moving to P3Dv4 due to the fact the PMDG MD11 is only for FSX i understand it will not be made available in P3d , i have been simming for over 15 years and ive seen enough topics and pointless threads about this and that , i just enjoy and im greatful for what we have and the choices we have , i understand the devs choice so im putting forward my choice as to why me and probably other users will not make the jump to the darkside just yet . I wont come on here saying EULA this and all that , im just glad SDF will be for FSX so be it if it is your last for FSX your choice and i respect you for that
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 10:06:22 pm by Leemazz »

kmanning

Very good news, and great decision. Like what happened with the abandonment of FS9, there will always be people that will whine and be stuck in the past. Don't listen to them.

If you stay stuck in the past than your company will be in the past. Keep looking forward!

I happen to agree with DJ, and I don't like your attitude suggesting that DJ, or some of the others, are whining and we should stay in the past! NO, THAT is NOT what's being suggested. He is stating that the cost is TOO high and the EULA, which I've read, restricts MOST of the community, which is the consumer, and NO I don't like it either!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
He is stating that the cost is TOO high and the EULA, which I've read, restricts MOST of the community, which is the consumer, and NO I don't like it either!!

I wonder why, when someone calls FSX "a game", simmers get angry saying they are not gaming/being entertained but, when discussing about the P3D EULA, they say they cannot use it, because it's "not for entertainment".

If you are using the sim as a simulation and as a learning tool and not to be entertained (as you would with a game), then you are complying with the EULA.

kmanning

I wonder why, when someone calls FSX "a game", simmers get angry saying they are not gaming/being entertained but, when discussing about the P3D EULA, they say they cannot use it, because it's "not for entertainment".

If you are using the sim as a simulation and as a learning tool and not to be entertained (as you would with a game), then you are complying with the EULA.

Well, I never viewed FSX as a game or entertainment but as a simulator, although that was the purpose for FSX from Microsoft. I totally agree with you that FSX is not a perfect simulator and I'm not against going forward having a better simulator. I very much want a good accurate simulator and I'm totally for it, provided there's no high costs and no restrictions. All the things posted here have not been made clear, until now, so thanks for clearing this up. I was surprised to read that many were upset about the EULA and the high cost, and after reading these things, I had to find out what all of this was about. So I went to the Prepard 3D website and read the EULA and at the bottom, and I hope it's okay to post this, it says "Prepar3D is not to be used, offered, sold or distributed through markets or channels for use as a personal/consumer entertainment product." I assume this is where many were raising the question. At first glance, I could not understand why all this big issue over "personal consumer entertainment," and it sounded like the product, P3D4, was not for the consumer. But from what I gather, it is just saying that we should not offer, sell or distribute to markets, FOR personal use as entertainment purposes. We CAN use it as a simulator, for learning and training. As long as we use the P3D4 as a simulator, which is what I've been doing in FSX and never viewed it as "entertainment," we are complying with the EULA. I don't understand where this so called "entertainment" in the agreement is coming from and why it was even written in the agreement in the first place.  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 07:22:37 am by kmanning »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I don't understand where this so called "entertainment" in the agreement is coming from and why it was even written in the agreement in the first place.  

I think the most likely explanation is that LM ended up getting a cheaper license to buy the sim from Microsoft, compared to what it would cost if they got a "total" license which would include the gaming market too, which is not really their target audience.