Author Topic: GSX errors in KJFK v2  (Read 6260 times)

phoenixkawa

GSX errors in KJFK v2
« on: October 25, 2016, 09:13:48 am »
After I tried everything that I can, I'm posting on here.
The main error is GSX only recognizes terminal 1 with no spot in KJFK v2 on "customize airport position".
even though it recognizes terminal 1 only, it is prompting GSX control menu when I keyed in (Ctrl+Shift+F12)
after selecting any services, GSX menu totally blanked out.
not possible to close that GSX menu.
"customize airport position" tool tells me that AFCAD in use is located in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\fsdreamteam\KJFK\scenery\KJFK_FSDT.BGL

the weird thing is this error only occurs at FSDT KJFK v2.
same error with all aircraft that I have (PMDG B737, 777, Aerosoft Airbus series, iFly 747-400v2, Etcs.)
I also have FSDT's KLAX v2, KMEM, KDFW, KORD, PHNL, CYVR and those are working perfect with GSX.

--------Things that I've tried to fix--------
I tried to uninstall KJFK v2 and GSX and reinstalled it. (For more than 10 times with different installation orders)
I tried to reformatted all my Computer and freshly installed. (surely twice)
I tried to manually add it to scenery library.
I tried to change orders in the scenery library.
I tried to swap the AFCAD to third party AFCAD found on avsim.com (it allowed me to use GSX in this case, but little off position and not possible to use jetway function)
I tried to see if there are duplicated AFCAD with airport scanner, but it came out with appr_KJFK.bgl and KJFK_FSDT.bgl which I've found on this forum which says normal.

nothing really worked out.

I'm currently using P3D v3.4 with Active Sky Next.

KJFK Scenery by itself works really fine, great details.
But not working with the GSX makes me really sad.

Please help me out with this..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX errors in KJFK v2
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 11:44:50 am »
KJFK Scenery by itself works really fine, great details.
But not working with the GSX makes me really sad.

KJFK obviously works with GSX.

The main error is GSX only recognizes terminal 1 with no spot in KJFK v2 on "customize airport position". Even though it recognizes terminal 1 only

Terminal 1 is the 8th of 10 lines the standard Simconnect menu (which is NOT a "GSX menu", it's the standard menu used by all applications), it's possible you got the very well known P3D 3.x bug, which truncates some menu items, so you simply don't see the last 2 entries, because you haven't realized you can resize the menu window ?

It has been discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13236.msg98804.html#msg98804

LM fixed this problem with P3D 3.4.9, as discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14401.msg106041.html#msg106041

phoenixkawa

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 09:23:45 pm »
Terminal 1 is the 8th of 10 lines the standard Simconnect menu (which is NOT a "GSX menu", it's the standard menu used by all applications), it's possible you got the very well known P3D 3.x bug, which truncates some menu items, so you simply don't see the last 2 entries, because you haven't realized you can resize the menu window ?

Nope, I wasn't talking about the standard simconnect menu.. I am aware that menu bug and I

I was talking about the "customize airport positions" menu which located in Add-ons>GSX>Customize Airport Positions,
Also located on 7th option as "Customize this parking position" on GSX Simconnect style menu.

I'm uploading screenshot of the issue for more detail

Capture.png is showing that in "Customize Airport Positions", only showing Terminal 1 with no gate.
Capture01.jpg is showing that after keying Shift+Ctrl+F12
Capture02.jpg is showing that nothing is prompt on the menu after pressing 5 for "prepare for Push-back and departure" from previous screen
Capture03.png is for comparing with the other working airport, which is FSDT KLAX, Having full terminal lists and pulling up every parking spot.
Capture04.jpg is showing that working perfect on other airport after choosing "prepare for Push-back and departure" in KLAX

Please give me some clue with this.. I've already researched with this for more than a month and cannot find any clue from here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 09:49:49 am »
I was talking about the "customize airport positions" menu which located in Add-ons>GSX>Customize Airport Positions

Something in your screenshot is very strange: do you use Windows in a non-western language maybe ? There are strange characters in the path names ( they should read C:\Program Files .... not that strange looking W ), maybe it's not important, but maybe it is.

kklee6

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 03:24:02 pm »
I ran into the same problem.

Airport Customization shows only Terminal 1. (see attachment 1)

The gates in Terminal 1 are all not set. (see attachment 2)

GSX works just fine with all the other default and addon airports (including FSdreamteam CYVR)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 03:32:51 pm »

And my question will be the same ( the OP never replied back ): do you use Windows in a non-western language maybe ?

kklee6

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 04:14:51 pm »
I changed the system locale to US English and it works now!  :)

Thanks a lot for your hint.

A350XWB

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 09:03:09 pm »

And my question will be the same ( the OP never replied back ): do you use Windows in a non-western language maybe ?
I have the same problem and spend a lot of times to figure it out. To solve this problem, simply change the 'Language for non-Unicode programs'.
1. Click Start, then Control Panel
2. Click Clock, Language, and Region
3. Click Region 
The Region and Language options dialog appears.
4. Click the Administrative tab
5. Under the Language for non-Unicode programs section, click Change system locale and select English(US).
6. Click OK
7. Restart the computer to apply the change.