Author Topic: Menu entries in P3Dv3.2 **SOLVED, not an FSDT problem**  (Read 5667 times)

downscc

Menu entries in P3Dv3.2 **SOLVED, not an FSDT problem**
« on: March 10, 2016, 03:00:11 am »
On arrival at KDFW and pressing Ctrl+F12, the GSX Select Parking menu is filled with runway selections and no way to progress to next screen. Menu layouts need redone to accommodate smaller Scaleform boxes maybe? Top line in menu is "Select Parking Facility (1/3)" but no way to go to page 2/3 or 3/3.

Dan Downs KCRP
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 10:51:13 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Select Parking Problem P3Dv3.2
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 10:50:40 am »
On arrival at KDFW and pressing Ctrl+F12, the GSX Select Parking menu is filled with runway selections and no way to progress to next screen. Menu layouts need redone to accommodate smaller Scaleform boxes maybe? Top line in menu is "Select Parking Facility (1/3)" but no way to go to page 2/3 or 3/3.

That's not something we have any control over it, and it's clearly a P3D bug, which has been also reported on LM forum:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6310&t=117508

Key sentence is here:

Now, the user can show all the items by resizing the window, but there is no obvious indication that any items are missing or that the window needs to be resized

All menu items are there, and the sim still supports them, it's just that you cannot seem them all for some reason (I have all the 10 entries), possibly related to the fact you use a different font size in Windows (maybe you use more than 100% scaling ? ), but that window can be resized.

downscc

Re: Menu entries in P3Dv3.2 **SOLVED, not an FSDT problem**
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 05:33:52 pm »
Ah, headslap.... window can be resized. Funny, one gets used to fixed modal dialog boxes and can't think outside the box. Thank you.

Dan

bribeth

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 07:47:00 pm »
If I cant see the window, how can I resize it?
Brian A. Neuman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 09:26:52 am »
If I cant see the window, how can I resize it?

That's another, entirely different issue, and of course, it doesn't also have anything to do with GSX. It's seems there's a problem with the P3D Client-only installer, so that ALL 3rd party apps with a menu won't display it, if you don't install the "Content" too. See here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13226.msg98756.html#msg98756

jgoggi

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 05:31:44 pm »
Ok, the window can be resized, but it's very annoying because when you exit the sim the resize is lost and you have to resize once again each time you run the sim...
James Goggi