Author Topic: new Big E  (Read 60103 times)

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
Re: new Big E
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2012, 05:17:40 am »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Essex

« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2012, 01:37:55 am »

Johan

« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2012, 05:32:07 am »
If anyone wants to have v2 and v3 of the Tacan gauges working in parallel there is a tutorial here,
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php%3Fid%3D16218%26p%3D105&usg=ALkJrhiCVyPr46hqa9dcjHytOVoZMDMMxA
post no 2611.

Apparently there's a new HUD in the works.

I would hope that one day, if possible, the "Big E" could work like Javier's Nimitz or even the default carrier, and could be spotted and approached with Serge's vLSO wonderful program. I purchased the "Big E" with this expectation, and so far I am disappointed that the designers haven't done anything about it.

Johan

fsafranek

• Mirage Aircraft for Flight Simulator
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2016, 10:12:11 pm »
I would hope that one day, if possible, the "Big E" could work like Javier's Nimitz or even the default carrier, and could be spotted and approached with Serge's vLSO wonderful program. I purchased the "Big E" with this expectation, and so far I am disappointed that the designers haven't done anything about it.

Johan

Responding to a very old comment.  Sorry about your initial disappointment Johan.  I hope over time things improved. 

We are currently working on a Vietnam era version of the Enterprise.  What can we do with this new version to make it work with vLSO out of the box?

72westy

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2016, 11:47:55 pm »

Johan

Responding to a very old comment.  Sorry about your initial disappointment Johan.  I hope over time things improved. 

We are currently working on a Vietnam era version of the Enterprise.  What can we do with this new version to make it work with vLSO out of the box?

Any update?

Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/G-Skill 32GB DDR3 RAM CL7-8-8-24/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 BIOS F10/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB/Crucial MX 500 1TB SSD/(x3)1TB RAW Mushkin SSDs/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/Corsair RM-750/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/X56HOTAS/TrackIRPro5/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

fsafranek

« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2016, 10:44:18 pm »
We post status updates and images on our facebook page. 

https://www.facebook.com/TeamSDB.scenery/?fref=ts

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2016, 09:25:34 pm »
Frank,
Good to know Team SDB is working on a new version of the Big E. I've been working on a new vLSO version too, and one of its new features will be support for Sylvain Parouty's RFN gauge, which automatically will mean support for the Big E in both Acceleration and custom FLOLS versions.

I'd like to ask you a couple of questions, if you don't mind.

On your facebook page I can read that your shipbuilder is re-doing the flight deck. Will these changes affect the current deck geometry or not? First of all I mean the deck elevation and the runway angle.

Another question regarding XML settings. The latest RFN gauge glideslope/frequency settings for the Enterprise differ from those specified in the manual. Which one is correct?

Thanks in advance
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Tregarth

« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2016, 11:20:15 am »
Will the new vLSO be compatible with P3D v3.3?  Support for the RFN gauge will also be very good, I use it in FSX and find it very useful.

Thank you,

Tregarth

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2016, 02:13:11 pm »
Yes, it will. All P3D versions from 1.* to 3.*

fsafranek

« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2016, 10:40:12 pm »
Sorry, I just don't seem to get over here often enough lately.

Frank,
Good to know Team SDB is working on a new version of the Big E. I've been working on a new vLSO version too, and one of its new features will be support for Sylvain Parouty's RFN gauge, which automatically will mean support for the Big E in both Acceleration and custom FLOLS versions.

If it helps with concerns about compatibility between the Enterprise (current offering and next release) and the RFN gauge system, Sylvain Parouty is our "shipbuilder".

I'd like to ask you a couple of questions, if you don't mind.

On your facebook page I can read that your shipbuilder is re-doing the flight deck. Will these changes affect the current deck geometry or not? First of all I mean the deck elevation and the runway angle.

The original FSX version was made using the Alphasim FS9 ship hull as a starting point.  So any dimensions or angles, right or wrong, were left alone.  But from the hanger deck up it was nearly a complete rebuild to bring it into FSX.  Definitely not a simple portover.  For this next version Sylvain found a very good resource of photos and engineering drawings.  Once the completely new island structure was completed the process of applying this new information to the rest of the ship began.  During that he discovered that several dimensions were not correct and so those will be corrected.  That is the reason for the image on the facebook page showing the different colored areas.  It remains to be seen if that includes deck elevation but I do expect it may effect deck angle (a degree or two wide in the current version caused by using Carl Edwards' original FS9 version as a starting point).

Another question regarding XML settings. The latest RFN gauge glideslope/frequency settings for the Enterprise differ from those specified in the manual. Which one is correct?

That depends on which RFN gauge you are using.  When the Enterprise was released Sylvain let us include the beta of RFN Tacan gauge v3.0 in the package.  Since then the gauge has progressed to v4.2 and Sylvain has added a lot of ships to the listing.  Back with v3.0 the distribution of frequencies was very liberal with the Enterprise using 115.00, 115.50, 116.00, and 116.50.  To keep the four together and free up frequencies within that range the Enterprise in about RFN v4.0 was re-assigned to 110.50, 110.55, 110.60, and 110.65.  It is unknown what will happen when the next version is released and how many frequencies it will take up.  We intend to include 1968 and 1972 WESTPAC cruises (unlike the current version each will have a unique mix of aircraft as deck eye candy, not just different textures).  Whether or not there will be empty deck versions (feedback please) is unknown as this point but I'm hoping to convince the "shipbuilder" to include an F-14 mix as it appeared in the final cruises with the beehive radar array.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 10:47:29 pm by fsafranek »

Tregarth

« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2016, 01:04:26 pm »
Paddles,

I have read fsafranek's reply to your post and am not sure he is right.  For info I have installed "Sludge" Snow's FA-18 IFLOLS and and the RFN Gauge into my default MS Cessna 172.  I have also added the [Radios] section described in the USS Enterprise PDF.

As I understand it the active Enterprise frequencies have been changed from the values in the PDF to 110.50, 110.55, 110.60, 110.65 (without changing the PDF info (GRRRR!)).  From what he says I think the active 80's carrier ILS frequency is now 110.55.  The RFN TACAN value for the 80's Enterprise is 42X and 43X for the 90's version, as per the RFN manual.

I have tried the 110.55 frequency and flown out to the Enterprise with no result.  However, when I tried both 111.00 and 112.00 on both the 80's and 90's Enterprise the IFLOLS works on all 4 combinations.  The attachment shows NAV1 = 112.  (I cannot remember whether 111 or 112 is the frequency for the MS carrier or Javier Fernadez's carriers, but both seem to work.)

Regards,

Tregarth

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2016, 06:18:20 am »
Tregarth,

Good try, but you're trying to combine incompatible things  ;)

The Sludge FLOLS was developed specifically for the Sludge Hornet and it supports Acceleration and Javier's carriers only. By coincidence this gauge uses the same local variable 'GS error' as the RFN gauge does, that's why you can see its meatball working even if the gauge installed on other aircraft. Try removing the RFN gauge and you'll see the Sludge FLOLS stops working.

As for the Enterprise frequencies, they are defined in the RFN_carrier.xml file (the FSX Gauge folder). As Frank has already mentioned the latest version 4.2 has a lot of new ships and FCLP locations, that's why many frequencies were changed. As I can see your RFN gauge is set to NAV2 110.5 (X42). The NAV1 112 has no effect in this case and is just confusing. Refer to your Cessna's aircraft.cfg to make sure the [Radios] section defines Nav2 as active, as described in the RFN pdf.

Hope this helps