Author Topic: GSX NIGHTMARE  (Read 10034 times)

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
Re: GSX NIGHTMARE
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 09:37:11 pm »
in fact fsx crashed so now fsx will not run  ... somebody please tell me what to do... i am very frustrated with this coutal and virtuali. please just give me away that i can run fsx, i will glady give up all coutal virtuali products as gone or defected, i just want my fsx back  .. thanks

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 10:10:22 pm »
ok i chose to do a standalone addon manager thru fsdt... that got me back to seeing the same 2 errors booting fsx    coutal.exe and bglmanx.dll   ( no missing DAT files this time )  ...
 but after doing a system restore to june 2nd  and my gsx version 1.7 is back  why do i still get these errors. i have uninstalled nortons and turned off defender.  something did not change with the restore. i have gsx now saying fuel truck not available at this airport when before it would always send a truck. in fsx i do not have a addon menu with coutal or virtuali in it.
... thank you for trying to help i will just enjoy my orbx and aerosoft mega airports and enhanced defaults. i will do away with gsx, the shame is having to lose all the 3rd party airports purchased and activated thru the vituali-coutal as collateral sacrifices.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 11:29:58 pm »
Try going into your control panel's add/remove programs list and uninstall everything that runs on Couatl... All of FSDT and Flightbeam, make sure you say YES to any questions about removing Couatl and/or the addon manager, that should get Couatl off your system and hopefully at least give you a running FSX.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 01:57:25 pm »
The only procedure that works is THIS one:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX. Use the latest full GSX installer on our site.

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both. PAY ATTENTION TO THIS.

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

What "unblocks" the files from FSX (assuming you HAVE correctly acted on the antivirus), is the step I highlighted in bold:

reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

Of course, reading your reports, it seems that you are running MORE than ONE antivirus at the same time (Norton and Malwarebytes), which is asking for trouble, and of course is a big hit on performance.

Apart for suggesting of getting rid of ALL antivirus, and chose just ONE, if you still insist running several antivirus at the same time, you must configure to exclude the affected ones in each one of them and when the instructions says "turn the antivirus off", you must turn them ALL off!

That's why is not a very good idea running several security products at once: it will quickly become very confusing using them, even not minding the huge performance loss.

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 04:07:12 pm »
... ciao Umberto .. i have set nortons and malwarebytes to exclude folder ...... \flightsimulatorx\fsdreamteam\coutal.exe  and the file flightsimulatorx\bglmanx.dll  ..windows defender is off, yet fsx still pops up with the errors and not listed in the addons menu.  on the error messages during fsx boot up i did explore the error there is a tab to clic on the certificate then a tab that says install certificate, following the instructions in the certificate import wizard it imports the certificate into a personal store selected by windows and says successful but to no avail as the same errors occur on fsx boot.  there are other stores to choose where to send the certificate such as "trusted publishers, personal,enterprise trust,trusted root certificate authorities, etc.   ... should i import the certificate to trusted publishers  ??

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 04:16:02 pm »
... i did follow your instructions but that did not work for me

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 05:25:16 pm »
... i did follow your instructions but that did not work for me

If they haven't worked, either you haven't followed the instructions TO THE LETTER, or you have ANOTHER antivirus/antimalware/anti-spyware program that is still interfering.

And, use ONLY the latest version of our software. DO NOT go back to old versions.

They are signed with a digital certificate that has now expired, because Microsoft made all old SHA certificates obsolete in 2016, which required all developers (including us) to renew their security certificate, so only the latest version will work now.

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2016, 06:47:20 pm »
i can not uninstall the old version of gsx because a error says \unins009.dat does not exist. cannot uninstall   ... so now what do i do?

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 07:22:21 pm »
ok i have uninstalled old version and downloaded new version... all my antivirus malware are either off or uninstalled, but i still get the errors on fsx boot. i do not care about gsx its nothing but a headache.  is there not a way to just get my payware airports back, i have many thru coutal-virtuali and purchased KSFOHD but i can not activate it, the other paid airports all have terminals missing  ... can not you people do anything?  i am sooo very sorry i even went for the gsx update, before that everything was fine

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 07:45:46 pm »
If everything was fine, your restore point should've cleared the problem because the newest GSX wouldn't be there.  Are you sure you went back far enough?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 11:15:03 pm »
hi Bruce, i believe i did go back enough to june 2nd and the old version 1.7 was there so i was shocked to see the coutal.exe and bglmanx.dll errors pop up on fsx boot up. that is the one and only time a restore point did not change it as it does on other issues in the past. i learned how to disable malwarebytes at least. so i did and uninstalled nortons and windows defender off, it leaves me thinking its not the anti virus at this point. the errors pop up with the warning right from microsoft flight simulator itself, not from any of the antivirus malware programs. i purchased KSFOHD purposely hoping a new product would give me back the addon menu and i could activate but it is one i can not activate, the other activated airports are there but have no terminal buildings and other structures that make them un-useable. i'm open for any suggestions that can fix, i see lots of other people have issues withe gsx update but they are all different from mine.  ... thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2016, 10:54:20 am »
i see lots of other people have issues withe gsx update but they are all different from mine. 

Exactly, they are all entirely different, and they seems to be all fixed by now, since we made several updates in the meantime. Your issue is totally different, and doesn't have anything to do with GSX or the updates.