Author Topic: Couatl Scipting Engine Has Stopped Working For FSX/ESP  (Read 6689 times)

pcubine

Couatl Scipting Engine Has Stopped Working For FSX/ESP
« on: June 10, 2016, 06:22:18 pm »
I receive this error message at random times on the ground at KPIE using the Trike. I know there is a post similar to this started earlier. So this a bump to that post and a request for a solution.
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Dimon

Re: Couatl Scipting Engine Has Stopped Working For FSX/ESP
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 06:42:19 pm »
It's all over the board. Let FSDT have some time to sort things out, especially now, when P3D new hotfix was just released.
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

pcubine

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 09:02:26 pm »
It's all over the board. Let FSDT have some time to sort things out, especially now, when P3D new hotfix was just released.
What's all over the board?
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 03:06:55 pm »
It's all over the board. Let FSDT have some time to sort things out, especially now, when P3D new hotfix was just released

Not sure how the Hotfix has anything to do with this. We are already compatible with it.

pcubine

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 06:15:14 pm »
It's all over the board. Let FSDT have some time to sort things out, especially now, when P3D new hotfix was just released

Not sure how the Hotfix has anything to do with this. We are already compatible with it.
I would like a solution for the error message in the Topic Title. It has happened twice this morning. FSDT airports are essentially unusable with Couatl in such a mess.
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 01:10:26 pm »
I would like a solution for the error message in the Topic Title. It has happened twice this morning. FSDT airports are essentially unusable with Couatl in such a mess.

This title thread doesn't say anything, except a generic crash report, which doesn't help us at all, since we are obviously unable to replicate it (if we were, it would have been already fixed of course)

Couatl doesn't have any relationship with the sim build, and it doesn't care about it (since it never interacts with it) so, nothing in the hotfix could have caused this crash.

As I've said, it's impossible to help you with such a generic report. Try to include ALL the following:

- The exact error report, from the Application log in the Windows Event Viewer

- What you were doing when it happened

pcubine

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 03:10:24 pm »

This title thread doesn't say anything, except a generic crash report, which doesn't help us at all, since we are obviously unable to replicate it (if we were, it would have been already fixed of course)

Couatl doesn't have any relationship with the sim build, and it doesn't care about it (since it never interacts with it) so, nothing in the hotfix could have caused this crash.

As I've said, it's impossible to help you with such a generic report. Try to include ALL the following:

- The exact error report, from the Application log in the Windows Event Viewer

- What you were doing when it happened
Attached is error report. All I can say is I was on the ground using either the Trike, PMDG NGX , or PMDG 777F. The next time it occurs, I will try to be more specific.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 03:13:04 pm by pcubine »
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 03:37:23 pm »
Attached is error report. All I can say is I was on the ground using either the Trike, PMDG NGX , or PMDG 777F. The next time it occurs, I will try to be more specific

That's not the correct report, you should be able to find all previous crashes in the Application log of the Event Viewer. In any case, try to download the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager, since we had another update today.

pcubine

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 05:58:44 pm »
Attached is error report. All I can say is I was on the ground using either the Trike, PMDG NGX , or PMDG 777F. The next time it occurs, I will try to be more specific

That's not the correct report, you should be able to find all previous crashes in the Application log of the Event Viewer. In any case, try to download the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager, since we had another update today.
Is this one any good to you?
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 02:16:26 pm »

Yes, and it tells you are not using the latest version, that we released yesterday (you should have seen the Live Update notification)

Download and install the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and report back if you still have crashes.

pcubine

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 03:09:51 pm »

Yes, and it tells you are not using the latest version, that we released yesterday (you should have seen the Live Update notification)

Download and install the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and report back if you still have crashes.
That Event Viewer occurrence is from Monday. On Tuesday I installed the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager from your website as opposed to Live Update.
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 03:18:59 pm »
On Tuesday I installed the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager from your website as opposed to Live Update.

Tuesday doesn't mean much, since we released the update yesterday, which was Tuesday so, we cannot say for sure you have the latest version of the program ( which is build 3487 *now* ) but, since you haven't got any newer errors in your Event Viewer related to the current version, there's no need to discuss about them right now, until you get another crash, and it's happening with latest version.

pcubine

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 06:37:19 pm »
On Tuesday I installed the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager from your website as opposed to Live Update.

Tuesday doesn't mean much, since we released the update yesterday, which was Tuesday so, we cannot say for sure you have the latest version of the program ( which is build 3487 *now* ) but, since you haven't got any newer errors in your Event Viewer related to the current version, there's no need to discuss about them right now, until you get another crash, and it's happening with latest version.
I am sure everything is current since I did two flights starting at 1700Z yesterday and 0300Z  today and I did not receive any Live Update. I also downloaded and installed KMEM about three hours ago. So I should be current. For your information, when I installed KMEM I received a message from Microsoft Security Essentials that several files in Couatl were being sent to Microsoft for investigation. Both files, bglmanx.dll and Couatl.exe that you have mentioned previously were excluded from scanning. Additionally the fsdreamteam and FSX folders are excluded.
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 09:08:48 pm »
I am sure everything is current since I did two flights starting at 1700Z yesterday and 0300Z  today and I did not receive any Live Update.  I also downloaded and installed KMEM about three hours ago. So I should be current.

Which is why I said it's useless to discuss about an error in the Event Viewer log related to the PREVIOUS version. So, assuming you DO have the latest version, just use it and report of a problem in case you have ANOTHER logged crash, with the CURRENT build.

For your information, when I installed KMEM I received a message from Microsoft Security Essentials that several files in Couatl were being sent to Microsoft for investigation.

I'm not sure if updates from Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Defender (which is the version that comes with Windows 10) are kept exactly in sync but, Microsoft acknowledged a bug (a false positive) with the previous version of the antivirus definition, that affected hundreds of software product including our own, but it has been reported as fixed in a more recent antivirus update.

Both files, bglmanx.dll and Couatl.exe that you have mentioned previously were excluded from scanning. Additionally the fsdreamteam and FSX folders are excluded.
[/quote]

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2016, 06:39:17 pm »
pcubine i am having the same errors and fits trying to figure it out, i have tried everything they said to do. my same errors occur booting fsx, i can fly but i have no coutal virtuali in my addons menu, all my payware associated with that is trashed, i can not activate KSFOHD, all the other airports associated thru coutal virtuali are missing terminals and other structures  ... is really frustrating