Author Topic: JFK V2 Texture Issues **SOLVED**  (Read 7014 times)

tankogradets

JFK V2 Texture Issues **SOLVED**
« on: April 01, 2014, 04:16:52 am »
Can somebody from FSDT help me resolve the issue, please?  See attached screenshots - in my JFK V2 scenery I get strange artifacts throughout the airport - see the runways in the screenshots.  My HIGH MEM is turned on.  Any ideas?  Thank you in advance.

Max
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 01:11:27 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK V2 Texture Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 11:36:02 am »
Most likely, another scenery like a mesh scenery which is interfering and/or an AFCAD with the wrong (or slightly different) altitude. You can use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to search for AFCAD duplicates at KJFK, the most common causes of conflicts are .BGL files that comes with AI Traffic packages.

Potentially conflicting meshes should be find manually.

And, be sure to have your graphic settings as Mesh Complexity = 100 and Mesh Resolution at 10m/pixel

tankogradets

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 06:59:33 pm »
Thank you.  I will try the FSX airport scanner when I get home.  I do have the a few other scenery add-ones installed.

When you say 'potentially conflicting meshes should be found manually' - what exactly do I need to look for?

Thanks,

Max

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 09:07:39 pm »
When you say 'potentially conflicting meshes should be found manually' - what exactly do I need to look for?

They are plain .BGL, usually a bit larger than normal. Do you have things like FS Global, FTX Global, etc. ?

tankogradets

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 09:14:30 pm »
Yes, I have a number of things - I have Ground Environment X, I have MegaSceneryEarth's New York City, Ultimate Traffic 2.  I do have FTX Global, but for Europe only.

I also have your KDFW, KORD, and KLAS scenarios, and I don't have any issues there.  I do have Dallas-Ft. Worth scenery, as well as Las Vegas, and it doesn't cause issues with the airport.  I will check what's going on with my New York scenery.  I am very careful about what I install, but maybe I missed something with the MegaScenery package.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 09:37:39 pm by tankogradets »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 10:34:31 pm »
Is posting the order number in a forum post generally a good idea?
Captain Kevin

tankogradets

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 10:47:41 pm »
I think I saw them (FSDT) request the order number prior to helping users.  Perhaps to verify validity of the user/product.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 01:19:23 am »
I think I saw them (FSDT) request the order number prior to helping users.  Perhaps to verify validity of the user/product.
Sure, but I would think that would be better off in an e-mail rather than a public forum.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 01:33:28 am »
Is posting the order number in a forum post generally a good idea?

No, it's not, I haven't noticed it, and it has been removed it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 01:39:33 am »
I think I saw them (FSDT) request the order number prior to helping users.  Perhaps to verify validity of the user/product.

We *never* asked anyone to prove being a customer, for the following reasons:

- We don't have to restrict forum access to customers only, as a form of protection, since our own software protection works very well...other developers might restrict from forum support (because they don't have any means to stop piracy), but not us.

- We are glad to help POTENTIAL customers too, because our products are all available in Trial version so, everyone has every right to report a problem without having to prove himself being a customer, simply because he's using the Trial, and a Trial user has exactly the same right to be supported as a regular user.

So no, we don't ask any proof of ownership before giving support.

The ONLY time we would ever ask to someone to provide his Order Number, is when the issue IS related to the order itself, like a problem with the activation for example but, of course, it should always be a PRIVATE (Email or PM) exchange, never in public.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 01:41:39 am by virtuali »

tankogradets

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 04:48:41 am »
I think I saw them (FSDT) request the order number prior to helping users.  Perhaps to verify validity of the user/product.

We *never* asked anyone to prove being a customer, for the following reasons:

- We don't have to restrict forum access to customers only, as a form of protection, since our own software protection works very well...other developers might restrict from forum support (because they don't have any means to stop piracy), but not us.

- We are glad to help POTENTIAL customers too, because our products are all available in Trial version so, everyone has every right to report a problem without having to prove himself being a customer, simply because he's using the Trial, and a Trial user has exactly the same right to be supported as a regular user.

So no, we don't ask any proof of ownership before giving support.

The ONLY time we would ever ask to someone to provide his Order Number, is when the issue IS related to the order itself, like a problem with the activation for example but, of course, it should always be a PRIVATE (Email or PM) exchange, never in public.

Good to know, going forward... Thanks.

tankogradets

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 05:17:41 am »
Most likely, another scenery like a mesh scenery which is interfering and/or an AFCAD with the wrong (or slightly different) altitude. You can use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to search for AFCAD duplicates at KJFK, the most common causes of conflicts are .BGL files that comes with AI Traffic packages.

Potentially conflicting meshes should be find manually.

And, be sure to have your graphic settings as Mesh Complexity = 100 and Mesh Resolution at 10m/pixel

Ok, here is the update for whoever cares (thanks for the help, FSDT).

The FSX Airport Scanner did not find any duplicate airports.  However, when I checked scenery settings in my FSX, I noticed that my New York scenery was on top of my FSDT KJFK V2 scenery.  I moved the KJFK V2 above the NYC scenery, ran a test, and the issue appears to be all cleared up!

This thread can be closed.

Thanks,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 01:11:09 pm »
The FSX Airport Scanner did not find any duplicate airports.  However, when I checked scenery settings in my FSX, I noticed that my New York scenery was on top of my FSDT KJFK V2 scenery.  I moved the KJFK V2 above the NYC scenery, ran a test, and the issue appears to be all cleared up!

Yes, as a general rule, airports should always be on top of everything else, which is where our installers puts them by default.