Author Topic: bglmanx add on error  (Read 23742 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglmanx add on error
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2008, 12:50:52 pm »
I tried it again. Disabled my firewall and virus checker during installation and it downloaded all the files from your site. Started FS X (without fw and virus turned on). Accepted the addon(s) as a trusted app and bam, error message.

You probably haven't read my last message carefully.

The first time a newly trusted module is launched, the message might show up. However, if you simply IGNORE the warning, let the module run anyway, the exit, and launch FSX again, the error will usually go away, sometimes it might require a reboot.

Instead, you are keeping uninstalling, when I've said that you don't need to uninstall anything, you simply need to run FSX at least twice.

nabeel

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2008, 07:26:57 pm »
What's the conflict with visual studio 2008? I use it all the time for dev work?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2008, 01:23:11 pm »
I don't think there should be a conflict with Visual Studio 2008 because, if there was any conflict, it would have been with the 2005 and 2008 C++ runtimes but, if the runtimes themselves were a problem, even FSX ITSELF would conflict with Visual Studio 2008, because FSX is using 2005 C++ runtimes. We use instead the 2005 SP1 runtimes, because they are much safer.

On a properly configured Windows system, thanks with the WinSxS loading system, all different runtimes should work without any problems.