Author Topic: bglmanx add on error  (Read 23741 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglmanx add on error
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 07:14:54 pm »
Somehow it just decided to work weird, maybe AVG just had to update or something??

Yes. It happens everytime, especially with AVG live updates. One day they insert new heuristic voodoos searches, hundreds of legit applications probably stop working, people and developers complain, they fix it after a few days...

ja50n01

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 12:41:06 pm »
Sorry for taking so long to reply,

I sorted it, I turned of AVG then back on. Happy Days,

Great airport, Thanks

eldar2112

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 01:59:08 am »
Installed O'Hare - started FSX and loaded scenery - everything was fine (and KORD looked awesome!)
Installed JFK - started FSX and loaded scenery - everything was fine (and again a beautiful scenery!)
Installed ZurichX - started FSX but got error

This means you have used an old installer for Zurich. The current installer for Zurich doens't contain any different Addon Manager that the other two. In fact, it doesn't contain *any* Addon Manager files, it gets them from the internet when it starts so, they are exactly the same files that KORD and KJFK used because, even their installers gets the same files from the same place.

Researched threads in this forum - Inspected scenery.cfg file - no characters at the cloud9 scenery entry

All information in the forum about that issue is now obsolete. The Addon Manager gets constantly updated, and it's now able to defends itself against a corrupted scenery.cfg

To fix the issue:

- Uninstall JFK, reply "YES" to the question about removing BOTH the Addon Manager and the Coual engine.

- Reinstall JFK. Verify that it works. It should, because you already know that it worked before.

- Download the current Zurich installer and install. You will notice that it will download exactly the same Addon Manager files as the JFK installer at start.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 12:20:15 pm by virtuali »

eldar2112

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 03:05:17 pm »
Beautiful!!!  I am at work right now, but will do as you instructed as soon as I get home. I can't wait!

Thank You so much for the prompt reply. I knew it was just something you would be able to recognize right away.
From looking around these forums it's obvious you work hard to offer top notch support for your products. That makes me a lot more comfortable spending my money with you. You also must work hard to produce beautiful, accurate sceneries and it shows.

When I get this error resolved at home this evening I will be purchasing your current sceneries and most likely all future releases. When I find a company that consistantly produces quality scenery products for Flight Sim I end up buying everything they make. This way I end up flying to places I never would have thought to fly to!

Thank You again for the quick help and nice products,
Kail

P.S.: Sorry for all the @ss kissing, I'm just in Flight Sim nirvana right now. I went straight from FS2002 with almost no scenery add-ons to FSX with lots of scenery add-ons from you and the other Top Shelf design teams currently producing.

eldar2112

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 12:22:45 am »
I have done as you instructed but I'm still getting the third party software warning about bglman.

I also re-downloaded the JFK and O'Hare installers in case one of them was corrupted when I downloaded previously. I uninstalled all three sceneries, made sure there were no bglman files in FSX root directory, then reinstalled with new installers and no luck. At this time I can not use my Orlando scenery as well.

What should I do next.

Thank You,
Kail

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 12:44:58 am »
I have done as you instructed but I'm still getting the third party software warning about bglman.

This can happen when there's a mismatch between files from different versions.

Try to Uninstall JUST JFK, and (important) reply Yes to the question about removing the Addon Manager and the Couatl engine.

Then, reboot and, just to be sure, check there aren't any bglmanx.dll and bglmanx*.dat files in the FSX root folder.

Then run JFK installer again. Don't install any Cloud9 product after JFK. It's best if you install Cloud9 products before anything else, and before making the above clean up.

eldar2112

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 02:34:54 am »
Ok, actually I just couldn't figure why this shouldn't work so I uninstalled, made sure there were no bglman files anywhere, then installed JFK. Started FSX, got the error, but this time when I hit yes to run it anyway FSX did not crash, it loaded. So I exited FSX, re-booted computer, started FSX, no error, all working. So then I installed Zurich, loaded, no problem, installed O'Hare, no problem. Now all is well!!!

So I purchased O'Hare and then JFK and I'll be sending you an email with my order numbers for the Zurich promotion.

Thank You so much for all of your help. I'm really going to enjoy these airports.
Kail

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2008, 12:26:30 pm »
Started FSX, got the error, but this time when I hit yes to run it anyway FSX did not crash, it loaded. So I exited FSX, re-booted computer, started FSX, no error, all working. So then I installed Zurich, loaded, no problem, installed O'Hare, no problem. Now all is well!!!

Yes, unfortunately, FSX sometimes gets confused when a new module is ran for the first time. Exiting from FSX cleanly, the launching it again, usually works.

ja50n01

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 02:50:47 pm »
Hi

Last week the error showed up again out of the blue, so i uninstalled the add-on manager then re-installed your latest version.

The Error dissapeared then a week later it was back again. But I have a USB problem and bsod keyboard and joystick buttons stop functioning so I am going to do a full re-install over the next week(THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE YOUR PRODUCTS). So when i re-install how can i be assured that i wont have this problem again, Shall i avoid my cloud 9 products and Aerosoft florence until they are Sp2 updated.

Basically i want to avoid the BGLmanx add on error, if something is corrupting my cfg files i would rather avoid the product all together, as re-install take forever.

Would appreciate your help

Lastly shall i uninstall your products before I reboot and do i need to back up any FSdreamteam files, i normally just wipe the hard drive but i believe there is a backup file needed for your products

thanks in advance,
Jason

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 03:26:01 pm »
So when i re-install how can i be assured that i wont have this problem again, Shall i avoid my cloud 9 products and Aerosoft florence until they are Sp2 updated.

Basically i want to avoid the BGLmanx add on error, if something is corrupting my cfg files i would rather avoid the product all together, as re-install take forever.

As explained already in that post, nothing is "corrupting" anything. You don't need to uninstall antything, you don't need to reinstall anything. Unless you want to reinstall for other reasons.

This error sometimes appears when a new module is trusted, and only the first time FSX starts with the new module. You simply ignore the error, close FSX and it will work the next time FSX is run. This, of course, provided your FSX is updated to SP2 or Acceleration, and you don't have *other* system problems.

Also, I don't understand the comment about having to wait Cloud9 products or Aereosoft Florence to be "updated" to SP2. They are already compatible with SP2. The current version of the Addon Manager, that works only with SP2, is compatible with both, you don't need to wait for updates.

Lastly shall i uninstall your products before I reboot and do i need to back up any FSdreamteam files, i normally just wipe the hard drive but i believe there is a backup file needed for your products

As explained on the fsdt_install_guide.pdf, and of the sticky thread on the General section of this forum about "Reinstalling after a system reinstall or crash", you can use the "Backup RegKey" option, but it's not mandatory: as long as you have your email with your serial number, you can simply type the serial number using the "Register Serial" button. Note, this one is available only with FSDT products. Cloud9 and Aerosoft must use the "Backup RegKey" option.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 03:28:54 pm by virtuali »

rvfried

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2008, 06:24:17 am »
I have just switched OS's from XP to Vista Ultimate.  The same BGLMANX error is ocuring, but I can not find the scenery.cfg.  Should I uninstall all OhareX and JKFX.  I have the .reg backup files stores on a separate drive.

FSX SP2
Vista Ultimate
Sophos Antivirus
4GB RAM

Rich Friedlaender

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2008, 09:50:40 am »
I have just switched OS's from XP to Vista Ultimate.  The same BGLMANX error is ocuring, but I can not find the scenery.cfg

The current version of the Addon Manager is able to defend itself against corrupted scenery.cfg created by others. So, anything you might have read on the forum about the scenery.cfg, no longer applies to the current version.

Just install the stand-alone Addon Manager that will update it to the current version. Also, it might be your antivirus that is interfering with it. You might try to configure the antivirus to exclude the FSX folder from scanning.

Sid Starz

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2008, 12:26:16 am »
I too am having problems with just JFK.  :-\

I downloaded the newest files from your website.

I installed the app and then started FS X. Error message. I uninstalled and then rebooted. I then checked the scenery.cfg, dll.xml and fsx.cfg files to make sure all was back to normal.

Started FS X, runs fine.

I 've installed and uninstalled JFK three times and with each install, I get the same error message.

Running Vista x64 Ultimate with SP1 and Acceleration. Running ESET for my firewall and virus protection.

I believe I've read and performed all items within this thread. Any new suggestions?

PatB

Quadcore Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650, 3GHZ | Intel DX38BT | 4GB RAM | NVidia GeForce 8800 GT |
PatB

Intel i7-9900k | ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme | 64GB RAM DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080ti | WIN10 Pro x64 | P3D v5.2 HF1|

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2008, 12:49:32 am »
I too am having problems with just JFK

It's not possible the problem is JFK, since all products now use the same installer, which downloads just the SAME bglmanx.dll from the net, as soon as it starts. Please, verify this happens.

And, check that your firewall is granting online access to the installer, otherwise it wouldn't be able to download the most updated files.

I installed the app and then started FS X. Error message. I uninstalled and then rebooted. I then checked the scenery.cfg, dll.xml and fsx.cfg files to make sure all was back to normal.

As I've said, many times, uninstalling IT'S NOT the way to solve the issue! This error message is *temporary*, FSX sometimes BELIEVES a module has problem, but just the first time it launches it. If you simply ignore the error, ALLOW the module to run and try again, possibly after a reboot, it usually works on subsequent launches.

Running ESET for my firewall and virus protection.

If you still are having the issue, even after a reboot, and if you are sure the installer WAS able to downloads the current files from the internet when it started, try to exclude the FSX main folder from scanning in your A/V config, and try again.

Also, you might try INSTALLING with the A/V off because, if the A/V mistakenly identified the dll as a virus, it might have blocked the *udpate*, so you are still running the old version, or perhaps a mix-match of versions, which might create a crash.

Just for your info, the current version of the bglmanx.dll file, that you can check by right clicking to it and selecting "Properties->Details", is 2.5.1.2

Sid Starz

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2008, 03:55:07 am »
I tried it again. Disabled my firewall and virus checker during installation and it downloaded all the files from your site. Started FS X (without fw and virus turned on). Accepted the addon(s) as a trusted app and bam, error message. Version of bmmanx.dll is 2.5.1.2. Have a nice screenshot if you want to see it.

I have FS X on another pc running Vista x32 Ultimate. This version does NOT have any other addons added at this time. I decided to try and install on this pc to see if app would run or crash. It crashed with same error message.  :-\

Not sure as to what's going on. I've spent way too long on this to try and get it to work. I've decided to de-install for now and maybe, just maybe in the near future to try it again.

If you can think of anything else, let me know.

Thanks.   

PatB
PatB

Intel i7-9900k | ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme | 64GB RAM DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080ti | WIN10 Pro x64 | P3D v5.2 HF1|