Author Topic: Dutch airports  (Read 11737 times)

cuevision

Dutch airports
« on: November 17, 2013, 09:48:25 am »
Hi,

Can you tell me if you are planning to sell Dutch airports in FSDT? The only European I have found and bought is Zurich.

Thanks
Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Dutch airports
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 10:08:18 am »
Can you tell me if you are planning to sell Dutch airports in FSDT?

We don't have anything planned right now. We made EHAM for Cloud9 a while ago and it was a good seller, perhaps one day we'll might eventually go back to it...

The only European I have found and bought is Zurich.

We have Geneva too.

cuevision

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 11:06:13 am »
 :)

Ok Than Geneva will also be purchased by me. And looking forward to the FSDT EHAM!!!

Regards and thanks,
Ed

erikk

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 12:26:26 pm »
Yea EHAM will be very very cool! The exisiting EHAM airport scenery from aerosoft has alot of bugs and the quality of FSDT scenery's are better!

Hnla

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 05:36:11 pm »
Yea EHAM will be very very cool! The exisiting EHAM airport scenery from aerosoft has alot of bugs and the quality of FSDT scenery's are better!

People want U.S. airports done, so it's possible, but unlikely.

duco

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 04:11:24 pm »
Count me in for EHAM! i own the aerosoft version also and although it beats default i know you guys can do a better job. Along with NL2000 looking absolutely fantastic nowadays (easily the best freeware for FSX) i dont see why EHAM wouldnt sell. I hope it will be considered down the road.

Cheers,
Duco

Thimmiejj

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 01:55:32 am »
I vote for EHAM too!
This is my base airport and the Aerosoft scenery is very VERY framerate unfriendly.
Besides that EHAM is doing very big construction work on the terminal at the moment (should be finished 2016 I think), so the airport will change alot!
Would be cool if there would be a correct scenery in advance, before it is finished.

Gerwil

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 10:31:55 pm »
+1 for EHAM. Had the Aerosoft one running quite well in FSX, most of the time on the edge of OOM. But now in P3D2 I get only 8-10 fps with AI installed.

Gerrit

A51Rene

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 02:44:45 pm »
EHAM would be a great seller: the Dutch user-base is quite big and we are easy spenders. Most people are sick and tired of the current Mega Airport Amsterdam because it fails to deliver graphical fidelity and decent performance. If you succeed in creating a better performing EHAM scenery (I know you will), Dutch simmers would defiantly queue up for it and pay good money for such a product.

Hnla

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 04:46:08 pm »
Nobody wants Dutch airports, you can't say there is a huge "Dutch user base", because you really don't know, and you certainly don't know if they are big spenders .
Umberto has said many times that U.s airports sell far more than foreign airports ,especially "Dutch airports "

cuevision

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 04:53:25 pm »
Please Hnia

Speak for yourself! You do not know how many Dutch people realy want to buy it!

Perhaps a poll would give more results than screaming around.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 05:22:02 pm »
Umberto has said many times that U.s airports sell far more than foreign airports ,especially "Dutch airports "

Well, I never said that. In fact, I've said that Cloud9 EHAM, in its time, HAS been a very good seller. I don't think any other Dutch airport would probably work for us, other than EHAM, though. So, if we'll ever do a Dutch airport, it will EHAM for sure, but this doesn't mean we have anything planned right now.

We have a large, unannounced, US airport in the works, but it's going to be a surprise...

DAL7935

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 07:20:35 pm »
Do you have a ballpark estimate when you will announce the airport?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 09:01:32 pm »
Do you have a ballpark estimate when you will announce the airport?

When it's finished and ready to be released, and (hopefully) in 2014. There's no more precise date right now.

A51Rene

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 09:40:13 pm »
Thanks for your comments on this, Umberto.

In my opinion, it would be a good strategy to follow along with the real-world developments that are in progess at the airport right now (like you did with KLAX). It is scheduled to be completed next year, somewhere in 2015 if everything goes according to plan. By that time, the current Mega Airport Amsterdam addon will be pretty much outdated: in terms of graphics, performance and representation. Access to the airport would be no problem at all, the authorities are not very strict and a lot of people from the community either have access to the airside or have connections with those who do.

I also see a market for an FSDT version for professional flight simulators. They are quite a lot of training facilities here is Holland that are currently using FSX/ESP/P3D with the dreaded Mega Airport Amsterdam addon. I think they would be interested as well.

EHAM is a very popular destination among the community: for locals, other Europeans, but also as a long haul destination from the states. The fact that EHAM has a very steady representation in the IVAO Top 5 active airports supports this further.  

I really hope EHAM will make it on the FSDT roadmap ;)

EDIT:
Information regarding the construction works:
- New A-pier:
http://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/AtSchiphol/SchipholConstructsConvertsConnects/APier.htm
- Central security:
http://www.architectenweb.nl/bin/news/265637.jpg
http://martijngiebels.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/verbouwing-schiphol.png
- Gate Houses:

http://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/AtSchiphol/SchipholConstructsConvertsConnects/CentralSecurity/GateHouses.htm
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:25:52 pm by A51Rene »