Author Topic: Dutch airports  (Read 11811 times)

fwerff

Re: Dutch airports
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 04:00:44 pm »
Oh yes.... PLEASE Umberto.... even if it's going to be in 2015, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE revisit EHAM for FSX/P3D! I would be first in line to buy a copy, heck I even would buy 5 copies if it would help you in building the business case for the development.
Just as an offer; I work on Schiphol Airport and have access to airside, so if you need any help of any kind, please let me know.

cuevision

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 05:15:55 pm »
Sorry Fwerff,

I was the first one in line to buy a copy ;-)

Greetings,
Ed

Hnla

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 05:38:58 pm »
Omg FSDT can't do 900 things at once we a know you want EHAM. So stop whining. There is a Ton of things on FSDT's to do list I"m sure.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 09:41:37 pm »
Omg FSDT can't do 900 things at once we a know you want EHAM. So stop whining. There is a Ton of things on FSDT's to do list I"m sure.

LOL... agree  ;) Like we need more North American airports
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 10:09:55 pm »
I think we'll need to hire more scenery designers...

Hnla

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 10:37:47 pm »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 07:14:45 am »
I think we'll need to hire more scenery designers...

I wish you guys had the staff to be able to crank out three or four new airports a year. The only bad part about bringing new people on would be maintaining quality control, design philosophy, and artwork/graphic standards. When it comes to graphic design, all artists have a somewhat different idea of what looks good and as it stands now all of the FSDT airports look like they follow similar guidelines and texturing since it appears that Francesco does all the texture work and Alessandro and Fabrizio do the modeling and design. Once you get a few different texture artists working on separate projects then maintaining that consistency would be a lot harder.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 08:40:53 am »
since it appears that Francesco does all the texture work and Alessandro and Fabrizio do the modeling and design. Once you get a few different texture artists working on separate projects then maintaining that consistency would be a lot harder.

This indicates we have been good so far in maintaining some kind of consistent style, because all the Hawaii airports have been made entirely by Fabrizio, and in KFLL and PHNL the texturing was shared, but you haven't even noticed it so yes, I know exactly what you mean :)

If it was so easy finding new designers that are both willing to learn (lots of) new things, and be able to complete what they started, we would have a way larger team by now.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 08:43:37 am by virtuali »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2014, 07:04:47 am »

If it was so easy finding new designers that are both willing to learn (lots of) new things, and be able to complete what they started, we would have a way larger team by now.

And that right there is the hard part and probably some of the most successful developers like FSDT, FlyTampa, and Flightbeam work in small groups of only two or three people and have had the same people in place since at or near the time they began.

When you look at other developers like ORBX who are cranking out products left and right with a lot of different people working on things, you start to get a lot of varying results. Some airport look great but perform badly, others dont look as nice but perform great, and then you get the few that look really good and perform well at the same time.

The hard part like you said is getting talented people who will do the things you mentioned, but at the same time if they are really good, they might be more temped to go out and start their own projects or open their own shops.