Author Topic: No Pushback  (Read 6224 times)

Hoser13

No Pushback
« on: October 01, 2013, 12:25:21 am »
Hi there,I seem to be having some probs with GSX when I ask for pushback.The pushback truck comes and I tell it which direction to push the tail,but as soon as I confirm pushback by answering yes all the trucks around the aircraft disappear.I have to use shift+p for pushback.There does not seem to any communication with the pushbacktruck.
Any Help Guys,
Regards,
Hoser13.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Pushback
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 09:32:53 am »
Whenever you report such problems, ALWAYS include ALL the following information:

- The airport used. If it's not default, indicate the scenery used

- The airplane used

- The parking position

And, check if you still have the Couatl menu after the objects disappear.

Hoser13

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 06:44:16 pm »
Hi Umberto,well things seem to have gone from bad to worse.My FSX is completely broken and just wont start now.I did manage to try 2 airports before things went wrong and got the same results.
Boston the default airport using the qualitywings 757-200 and Gatwick using UK2000  scenery with the same aircraft.The Couati was still in the fsx menu after all the vehicles disappeared.
Well it looks like a full reinstall of FSX.When I have managed to reinstall just the bare bones of FSX I will try GSX again and get back to you with the results.
Regards,
Hoser13.

jimmynes

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 08:25:43 pm »
I am now having problems with the pushback feature and only with one aircraft.
I have made my own merge of the leveld and captain sim 767's.
Everything else works fine except for the pushback. When I ask for pushback the truck pulls up to the aircraft and the
marshaller says he is ready for pushback but after that, nothing.

The merge has the captain sim model and the leveld panel and in order for me to use the winglet version of the model I have to name the airplane CS_B767-300. If I name it  LVLD_B763 everything works fine. Can you think of any solution to this???

Regards, Jimmy.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 10:12:59 pm »
The merge has the captain sim model and the leveld panel and in order for me to use the winglet version of the model I have to name the airplane CS_B767-300. If I name it  LVLD_B763 everything works fine. Can you think of any solution to this???

You must create a custom GSX configuration for the airplane after you finished all the merging.

Also, it's possible that you might have to redo the door assignments or ignore the doors altogether, because if you use the Captain sim model, the Captain Sim .MDL expects the doors to be opened with Captain custom variables that the Level-D gauges don't know anything about it, so you can't operate them, unless you use a mix-up of gauges, taking gauge that controls door from Captain sim.

jimmynes

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 10:43:47 pm »
Already taken care of. I have the captain sim icon gauge incorporated in the panel.CFG to work the doors and also have made a custom gsx.CFG.
Everything works fine except for the pushback . Something just coming to mind now is if I remove the exits section from the aircraft.CFG will it work.

What do you think???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 10:48:53 am »
Something just coming to mind now is if I remove the exits section from the aircraft.CFG will it work.

That would be a sure way to have everything stop working, instead. If you can operate all the doors, assuming you made a correct GSX configuration for the merged configuration, it should work.

Another thing you can try, is to name the airplane folder in an entirely different way, such as  CS_B767-300_LevelD_Merged. This way, there wouldn't be any chance for GSX to assume that airplane is either the CS or the Level-D 767, but an entirely new model. Of course, you will still have to create a custom GSX config for it.

This because GSX also uses "Pushback constraints", which changes depending on the airplane. For example, on the CS 767, you must also remove wheel chocks, engine covers and all the other stuff before allowing pushback to start. Perhaps you turned off all GSX warnings (something we always suggest NOT to do...), so you are not seeing that GSX is expecting those constraints to be solved too.

jimmynes

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 05:52:42 pm »
You're right. I switched the warnings back on and its requesting me to turn on the A.P.U.
Is there anyway this request can be ignored or bypassed?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 08:43:07 pm »
You're right. I switched the warnings back on and its requesting me to turn on the A.P.U. Is there anyway this request can be ignored or bypassed?

Unfortunately, there isn't, because the pushback constraints can be user customized, and is assumed you use GSX with the airplane in its standard configuration (as it comes with Captain Sim), not a merged model.

I'm sorry, but that's the risks of using merged models, you must find a way to include the gauge from Captain sim that turns on its own APU simulation but, even if you manage to do that, it's not certain it won't create any problems to the Level-D simulation.

jimmynes

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 09:13:05 pm »
I have included the CS A.P.U gauge and everything works fine now.
Rather not have it included but I guess it's not the worst thing in the world.

Thanks for all the help Umberto!!