Author Topic: Opening and closing cabin doors issue.  (Read 4898 times)

donaldd

Opening and closing cabin doors issue.
« on: June 14, 2013, 08:25:33 pm »
After starting the de-board process with GSX (at JFK), the airstairs go into place at the rear board/de-board door in the back of the plane, on the left side. For the jetway to move into place with the main, front board/de-board door, the rear door needs to be opened (GSX asks that door #2 be opened to begin the process.)

I am running FSX and Project Airbus' A320 v2.1. Shift+E opens the main board/de-board cabin door. I have the settings configured with E+3 and E+5 for the "wings fold" and "tail hook" so that the cargo doors and remaining doors open. When I press E+3, the two cargo doors open. When I press E+5, the two doors on the right side of the aircraft (for catering) open. The only door that does not open is the rear passenger board/de-board door. Any idea why that is and how I can configure the aircraft/settings so I can get all the doors to open?

Thank you for the help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Opening and closing cabin doors issue.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 09:59:21 pm »
The only door that does not open is the rear passenger board/de-board door. Any idea why that is and how I can configure the aircraft/settings so I can get all the doors to open?

You said you have some doors linked to the Tailhook command and some doors to the Wingfold command, so you must write a custom XML expression for them, like this:

(A:TAILHOOK POSITION, bool)

or

(A:FOLDING WING HANDLE POSITION, bool)

donaldd

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 06:53:55 am »
The only door that does not open is the rear passenger board/de-board door. Any idea why that is and how I can configure the aircraft/settings so I can get all the doors to open?

You said you have some doors linked to the Tailhook command and some doors to the Wingfold command, so you must write a custom XML expression for them, like this:

(A:TAILHOOK POSITION, bool)

or

(A:FOLDING WING HANDLE POSITION, bool)

Could you maybe explain that a little further and how I would possibly write the custom XML expression? Do I need a special program to do that? If it is to complicated, if you have a link to somewhere that could explain it, that would be more than appreciated. Thank you for the response.

Also, what does "bool" stand for/do?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 06:56:26 am by donaldd »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 10:26:51 am »
Could you maybe explain that a little further and how I would possibly write the custom XML expression? Do I need a special program to do that?

You just write it into the GSX airplane configuration editor. If you set the door to have a custom check, additional editing fields will be enabled, allowing you to specify a custom text for the GSX message (instead of "Open Exit x") and an XML expression for it.

Page 28 of the GSX manual explains exactly how to do that.