Author Topic: Parkingspot configuration  (Read 3781 times)

paxe

Parkingspot configuration
« on: June 13, 2013, 12:04:51 am »
Good day!

I have a problem using GSX with several addon airports.

To be specific that are LGKF and LGSM from George Keogh (http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=173894 and http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=175485)

They come with an additional AFX file which normally should supercede the stock AFX.

Now the problem is that those airports were shifted a few hunded meters from their original position, and now the parking-spots are not in the correct position anymore. When i try to configure the positions using the in-FSX editor i can see that GSX still uses the wrong AFX file (e.g. APX53180.bgl for LGKF)

I tried to change the positions using ADEX but without success as i cant change the above mentioned file (APX53180.bgl) but only save a new AFX, which doesn´t solve the problem...

I also see an .ini file in my appdata... folder which is named lgkf-kzx-da.ini, where i changed the [general] entry to the correct addon AFX filename, but again with no success.

Any hints?

Sincerely

Berthold

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parkingspot configuration
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 10:35:49 am »
GSX works only with AFCADs that are self-contained, so they include everything that GSX needs to work on it. It won't go through multiple active AFCADs, but will only use one at any time.

If the AFCAD you use only has corrections, GSX will use only the "complete" file related to that airport, which is usually the default one.

A possible solution might be loading the stock data into the add-on AFCAD using ADE, and save it back, creating a self-contained AFCAD.

paxe

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 02:22:49 pm »
Thank you for the hint. I tried it, but unfortunately it does not work. I loaded the addon AFX, then imported the stock data (selecting to import all that i could choose), then saved it as a new file, replacing the original addon AFX, but GSX still uses the default AFX...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 10:06:40 pm »
Thank you for the hint. I tried it, but unfortunately it does not work. I loaded the addon AFX, then imported the stock data (selecting to import all that i could choose), then saved it as a new file, replacing the original addon AFX, but GSX still uses the default AFX...

Be sure you don't have now created a conflict, so you don't have duplicate files anywhere. You can also check what GSX is doing, by enabling logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page.

If your AFCAD has errors, GSX will reject it and use the default, but it will tell you in the log file.

paxe

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 04:02:51 pm »
Ok, did that.
The log says: IGNORING Addon Scenery/LGKF Kefallinia/scenery (layer 160): type is 1 (should be 3)
so what is type 1 or 3?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 08:22:31 pm »
The log says: IGNORING Addon Scenery/LGKF Kefallinia/scenery (layer 160): type is 1 (should be 3)

Try the solution here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8191.0

paxe

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 01:38:44 am »
Thanks a lot, that solved it!