Author Topic: [GSX] Waiting for your action, open exit 2, open exit 3  (Read 9178 times)

frerechris

[GSX] Waiting for your action, open exit 2, open exit 3
« on: June 11, 2013, 08:24:39 pm »
Hello, I've cutomised several aircrafts but each time when I request for unloading the message: "[GSX] Waiting for your action, open exit 2, open exit 3" always appearing but all the doors of the aircrafts are alreday open. what can I do to fix this this problem ?

Is there a combination(overall) has to make on the keyboard? I yould have some answers about this "problem" before buying this great software

Thanks for you help
Have a good evening

ps: I'm from FRANCE
christophe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: [GSX] Waiting for your action, open exit 2, open exit 3
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 10:24:01 pm »
That's not obviously a "problem". If you customized an airplane, it's not enough to simply move doors, the most important part is to correctly specify how the doors open on THAT aircraft, and it's not certain they will open using the same controls as a default aircraft.

So, in order to have GSX to recognize if doors are open or not, you must indicate which variables controls each door, and this is of course dependent on the airplane used. Some use standard FSX doors commands, other use custom commands. GSX allows both types, but you must indicate the variable correctly and, if the doors use a non standard way of opening doors, you will have to find the correct custom variable name and write an XML expression for it.

If you don't know how to do this, you can of course choose to IGNORE the door status, so the service vehicles will not wait for the doors to be opened.

This is of course all explained on the GSX manual, Page 27 and 28...

frerechris

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 11:32:49 pm »
I tried to understand the manual but how to make an XML and where to place it in FSX ???
It' a great software and i would use it in full fonctions
Thanks if you can help me
Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 12:37:43 am »
I tried to understand the manual but how to make an XML and where to place it in FSX ???

You don't have to "place" it anywhere. As explained in the manual, you can simply write the xml expression right into the GSX door option dialog.

This, of course, assuming the airplane you use NEEDS an XML expression to begin with. Then, you'll have to figure it out the name of the custom L: variable used, assuming it uses one.

frerechris

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 05:43:03 pm »
I think that my english isn't enough good to understand what you explain to me. Just for know, if I want my Cago and passenger doors opening what must I write in the customised box ?? By exemple i would my cargo doors opening by pressing ctrl+c and the passenger doors opening by pressing ctrl+p what must I do?
I really appreciate your previous reply. If I understand well the XML are wrote when you customised the aircraft, right ??

many thanks, enjoy you evening
Christophe from Paris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 07:40:55 pm »
Just for know, if I want my Cago and passenger doors opening what must I write in the customised box ??

There's no general rule. Don't you think that, if every airplane used the same door configuration, we would programmed it as a general rule that would work with every airplane, without requiring an editor to begin with ?

In fact, GSX HAS a default door configuration, which is the same as the default airplanes. And it's the main door opens with Shift+E, Cargo doors open with Shift+E and then 2, and Service doors open with Shift+E then 3. If your 3rd party airplane uses THIS configuration, it will work without any editing.

But, 3rd party airplanes don't always respect the default doors assignment, so there are two possible outcomes:

1) The airplane uses DEFAULT door variables, but REARRANGED. For example, Cargo opens with Shift-E and 3 and Service opens with Shift-E and then 2. In this case, you don't have to write any XML, you simply reassign the doors to one of the 4 possible choices, since FSX only handles 4 doors at the most.

2) The airplane uses CUSTOM door variables, using L: user variables. In THIS case, you HAVE to write an XML expression which, as explained on the GSX manual, usually takes this form:

(L:MyVar, bool)

This means that GSX will know that door is open when the MyVar variable is not zero.

Of course, MyVar it's just an EXAMPLE. If the 3rd party airplane uses any custom variable, you must figure it out its name, sometimes this can be glanced from the gauges (if they are written in XML) or it might be found in the .MDL file, they usually have obvious names such as L:CargoDoor1, etc.