Author Topic: Can't open GSX menu with CTRL + F12  (Read 3230 times)

jasonboche

Can't open GSX menu with CTRL + F12
« on: May 20, 2013, 11:14:15 pm »
I've spent the weekend reinstalling all my FSX software on my new rig.  I have a few FSDT airports as well as GSX.  I was banging my head against the wall last night looking for a solution when GSX appeared to be non-responsive.  I generated and read through debug logs, reinstalled using the latest version, unregistered and re-registered the product.  In looking through the FSDT forums there were a few threads dealing with sound card drivers, making sure the COUALT.exe script engine was running, etc. Everything checked out but the product wasn't working.

Then it dawned on me - after installing GSX I had squelched all GSX messages because in the past they got in the way while trying to hit taxi lights on pushback.

So I turned GSX messages back on and tried CTRL + F12 and finally got a response

"GSX services not available while engines are running"

The whole time I had been testing with an aircraft which had running engines but I didn't realize they were running.  Of course after I shut down the engines, and hit CTRL + F12, the GSX menu box came up right away.

Hopefully this helps someone else out in the future performing a forum search.  I've made personalized notes in my software installation directory in case there is a next time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't open GSX menu with CTRL + F12
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 12:08:54 am »
Then it dawned on me - after installing GSX I had squelched all GSX messages because in the past they got in the way while trying to hit taxi lights on pushback.

There WAS a reason we didn't allowed to turn those message off in the initial release...

In any case, you could have verified the GSX was working even with engines on, simply calling its menu OUTSIDE a parking. A normal way of using GSX is, for example, asking for a Follow Me car just after having cleared the runway after landing, or simply select a gate to be prepared with vehicles and a marshaller, so they would be there for you when you finish taxiing.

This is the "outside of parking" menu, which works regardless of the state of the engines and parking brakes. It's only the "at parking" menu, which requires you to be standing on gate with engines off and parking brakes on.