Author Topic: Runway pops up to meet your aircraft JFK V2  (Read 3837 times)

Aviationsim4862

Runway pops up to meet your aircraft JFK V2
« on: April 28, 2013, 08:07:43 am »
Hello,
     I just got this new update today and so far I am very impressed. One thing I noticed was that when I was on approach for runway 4R, it would look normal. As I got over the numbers, idled, and flared, the runway seemed to pop up and meet my aircraft. Not sure if it's just me. It still results in a smooth landing, but this popping up action happens anytime. Could be over the displaced threshold, just flaring, or rolling out. It's hard to explain, so I posted a video below of it. Along with this problem is another problem of my frames being very smooth, then not smooth. The smoothness will last long, but in certain small intervals the frames go down to 1. This isn't that big of a issue, I assume its caused by textures loading in the scenery. Is there anyway to fix the first problem especially, and maybe the second? Also I will delete the video off of youtube once it has been seen so this is not potential buyers first impressions.

-thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Runway pops up to meet your aircraft JFK V2
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 10:03:50 am »
Your image quality is really bad:

- First, be sure to enable 4096 textures in the Addon Manager, otherwise you will see 4x times less resolution the scenery is supposed to look like

- Enable Anisotropic filtering on your video card Control Panel, use 8x or 16x and set it to "Enhance the application settings"

Aviationsim4862

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 03:15:57 am »
Thanks! Just tried it and will test out the changes. If the problem still occurs I will reply.

-thank you

Aviationsim4862

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 03:50:32 am »
After making these changes, certain programs did not look the same. They were more pixely and blurry, and ran poorly. I didn't see any major noticeable differences with the scenery texture wise. I already had the 4096 textures enabled in the Addon Manager. I'm actually thinking about restoring my computer back to factory settings, and re-installing everything. Lately I've had some major issues with my computer including problems starting up, desktop crashing and going blank, freezing, etc. Not sure if this is attributed to the FSDreamteam problem. Will keep you advised.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 10:36:34 am »
After making these changes, certain programs did not look the same. They were more pixely and blurry, and ran poorly

The anisotropic filtering has some impact on performances (depending on your video card), but it should make things look MUCH better. But that's not the point, in the nvidia control panel, you can choose to apply those settings to FSX only, so it won't affect other programs.

I didn't see any major noticeable differences with the scenery texture wise

This, instead, it's not possible, because your screen clearly shows lack of anisotropic filtering, and if you haven't seen any difference, it means you made the wrong change.