Author Topic: Choppy GSX Actions  (Read 3348 times)

cj3737

Choppy GSX Actions
« on: March 14, 2013, 10:54:23 pm »
My ground service actions have become choppy all of a sudden ..Its not a frames issue as they stay well above 25 whenever the handlers are working.  The luggage trams start to have jerky actions and the pushback action is horrible at best.  Didnt really start doing this until after I loaded up FSDT KDFW now all airports have the same situation.  Ive tried reloading GSX and KDFW and moving then to the top of my addon sceneries list in FSX.  Anyone have any good ideas?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Choppy GSX Actions
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 11:08:33 am »
Nothing of this could have been caused by a scenery, fact you noticed it after going to KDFW is just coincidental. What *might* be the case (just guessing, because of course nobody else reported it something like this) could be a wrong tweak either in FSX or in your video driver settings. Try all of these:

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" (or "Adaptive Anti-aliasing" ).

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings

- Be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak to the FSX.CFG, you can enabled it with the Addon Manager too.

cj3737

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 06:56:43 am »
Tried all those fixes along with different GPU settings... None of it worked.  I have FSDT KLAS and it all runs nice and smooth..Now its only stuttering at KDFW...  Im going to try to reload DFW and see it tht works...

cj3737

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 05:30:23 pm »
Reloading DFW and GSX did nothing for the stutters... I did however lower the texture res to 30 cm and it has smoothed out substantially.. Is this the fix? MAybe..maybe not but it works a little better for my machine...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 10:37:08 am »
Reloading DFW and GSX did nothing for the stutters... I did however lower the texture res to 30 cm and it has smoothed out substantially.. Is this the fix?

It's not "the fix", because there's nothing to fix in GSX, and nothing in GSX that could be affected specifically by the texture resolution, since that slider ONLY controls the photorealistic terrain resolution and GSX has none, and DFW uses a different method to create photoreal textures which is not affected by that slider.

But if, due to other large photorealistic sceneries in the area you have installed, which are exhausting your video ram, your system has become overloaded, than yes, such fix would help in your case, not because it's anything related to GSX or DFW, by simply because if your resources are taken from something else, there's not much processing power available for DFW and GSX, which DO use your video card resources quite a bit, so you must be careful not to overdue with other settings.