Author Topic: Wrong Pushback at EDDK Gate D4  (Read 3189 times)

Guggibob

Wrong Pushback at EDDK Gate D4
« on: March 14, 2013, 07:09:30 pm »
Hello,

I have a problem with pushback at Gate D4 EDDK. When I choose the option "Prepare for Pushback", I will not be asked for any direction and the pushback starts without that, but always in the wrong direction not facing south, but facing north. Could that be updated soon?

Greetings Guggibob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Wrong Pushback at EDDK Gate D4
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 08:36:41 pm »
First, you don't say which scenery you use, if it's default or 3rd party.

But, in any case, there's nothing to fix in GSX and that's not an error either.

The request to pushback Left or Right is done ONLY when the scenery AFCAD has defined the pushback preference to be "Both", so GSX will ask. But if the scenery AFCAD has defined only one direction ( either "Left" or "Right", but not "Both" ), GSX obviously assume the scenery designer was correct, and doesn't bother asking you for a direction, when only one direction was defined in the scenery AFCAD.

Now, whether the scenery AFCAD is correct or not, GSX can't possibly know, because it has no knowledge of the airport structure like buildings or other constraints.

Which is why, GSX offers a parking customization feature, so you can specify a different Pushback preference for that parking, and that will override the one in the scenery AFCAD.

Guggibob

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 09:22:30 pm »
Thanks for your answer, I use Aerosoft German Airports 2 as default scenery and I guess there is the problem with the wrong pushback direction. By the way, where can I find the parking customization feature?

Greatings Guggibob

Guggibob

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 10:00:11 pm »
Ok,no need to give me advice, I've found it and everything works fine. Thank you very much and have a good start into the new week. GSX is a really awesome Addon which makes the FSX a large more realistic.

Thanks

Guggibob