Author Topic: How To Stop Slewing When Using Editor  (Read 3280 times)

vc-10man

How To Stop Slewing When Using Editor
« on: March 13, 2013, 11:44:09 pm »
I have done a search but cannot find a thread on how to stop the slewing. I was customising a parking position at LEPA after having parked up, while looking at the editor menu next thing I know is my parked and braked aircraft has gone for an almighty slew straight into the water. Additionally, how does one designate the catering truck to pull up at the opposite service door on a PMDG 747-400F which does not have a service door Fwd R?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How To Stop Slewing When Using Editor
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 10:14:03 am »
I have done a search but cannot find a thread on how to stop the slewing

You can't, and the problem is not GSX going into slew mode (it's done for a reason, of course, to be sure the airplane height were you edit the doors with it's always the same and not depending on your actual weight), but your JOYSTICK, which is not calibrated properly.

Either adjust the joystick null zone, or turn it off before editing the airplane (using CTRL+K)

Additionally, how does one designate the catering truck to pull up at the opposite service door on a PMDG 747-400F which does not have a service door Fwd R?

You can't, GSX supports only catering from the right side.

vc-10man

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 03:20:49 pm »
Thank you for both those replies.

Is there an update planned for later where a user can stipulate which side the catering truck arrives at to load up? And is there a way to just load the freight on the right-hand side say for a PMDG 747-400X F without hearing the passengers boarding which is odd to say the least for a freighter?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 03:25:07 pm »
Is there an update planned for later where a user can stipulate which side the catering truck arrives at to load up? And is there a way to just load the freight on the right-hand side say for a PMDG 747-400X F without hearing the passengers boarding which is odd to say the least for a freighter?

This has been discussed many times already on the forum, right now GSX supports catering and cargo from the left side of the airplane only.

Proper cargo operation, which includes proper new high-loaders vehicles and loading cargo from the main cargo doors on the left, might appear as a separate expansion product, which will cover way more than just that, but everything related to cargo in general.