Author Topic: Improvement Sugestion  (Read 2617 times)

Israelponte

Improvement Sugestion
« on: March 01, 2013, 03:59:48 pm »
Hi guys, I have a sugestion of improovement.

As some of you might now, when using AFCAD programs, the position of the gate will align with the center of the aircraft and GSX marsheller will guide your aircraft to that position. BUT, AFCAD will drown the nosewheel line exactly where the center of the aircraft is! The result is that when parking using GSX, the nosewheel line at the ground will be under the center of the aircraft and not under the center line.

My sugestion is that fsdt create an option to force GSX to align the nosewheel to the center of the gate, or any other option that solves this...

Thank you for your attention :D

EDIT: Is this the right place to sugest improvements?

johndrago

Re: Improvement Sugestion
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 06:44:19 pm »
Hi guys, I have a sugestion of improovement.

As some of you might now, when using AFCAD programs, the position of the gate will align with the center of the aircraft and GSX marsheller will guide your aircraft to that position. BUT, AFCAD will drown the nosewheel line exactly where the center of the aircraft is! The result is that when parking using GSX, the nosewheel line at the ground will be under the center of the aircraft and not under the center line.

My sugestion is that fsdt create an option to force GSX to align the nosewheel to the center of the gate, or any other option that solves this...

Thank you for your attention :D

EDIT: Is this the right place to sugest improvements?

Good point.  At every default airport, when the marshaller guides me in, I end up going way over the yellow bar, and thus, getting bad parking scores (too far) each time.  The marshaller does not tell me to stop until I'm way over.  If I stop where I think I should, then he stands there waiting for me.  This is my only issue with GSX, as everything works excellently. 

As you say, maybe there is a way to have the marshaller detect where FSX says the line is, rather than where the Marshaller thinks it is.

Either way, I've been loving GSX for over a year now!

Thanks,

John

boilerbill

Re: Improvement Sugestion
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 08:34:32 pm »

The marshaller already directs you to the center of the gate. From page 9 of the documentation...
"By default, the Marshaller will try to guide the airplane in [to] the parking spot center position, with the reference point of the airplane (the red cross you can see in the Top View) placed in the center of the parking spot, as defined in the airport .BGL."

Your idea is a valid one, although I'm not sure if it can be done. I'd settle for being able to customize each gate position for a particular aircraft type (B737-400, B737-900ER, B757-200, B757-300 etc.), so it would remember where each type should be placed so that its nose wheel is positioned properly. But I don't know if it can remember different corrections for multiple aircraft types.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium