Author Topic: "Problem updating some sceneries, please try again later"  (Read 3738 times)

curt1

"Problem updating some sceneries, please try again later"
« on: February 11, 2013, 03:26:41 pm »
I've been rebuilding my FSX with addons, and yesterday I spent much of the day reinstalling my FSDT airports.  I redownloaded each airport that I own, and installed one at a time.  On a couple sceneries, I received the message noted in the subject line.  I tried to do a short flight into CYVR, but it gave me a coatl.err that listed the following:
couatl v2.0 (build 2346)
panic log started on Mon Feb 11 07:59:50 2013
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 120, in onEnter
  File "couatl\common\rwsl.py", line 236, in onEnter
AssertionError

The popup error told me to download the Standalone Download Manager which I did, but I received the "Problem updating some sceneries" error again.

After spending a lot of time downloading and installing yesterday, I hope the fix isn't to remove sceneries and start over.  Please advise on what I can do next.  Thank you.

Curt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: "Problem updating some sceneries, please try again later"
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 04:12:25 pm »
The popup error told me to download the Standalone Download Manager which I did, but I received the "Problem updating some sceneries" error again.

That message seems to indicate there was a problem downloading some files. To minimize this, there are two mirrors, and they are chosen at random every time you start the installer so, it's unlikely they would be both down (they are both up, in fact), so I suggest being sure you don't have a firewall program blocking online access to the installers.

In any case, the Stand-Alone Addon Manager is always kept updated with the same set of files that you would have downloaded online so, even if there are problems downloading, the copy of the files included in the Stand-Alone Addon Manager contains the same files, so you should be updated in any case.

curt1

Re: "Problem updating some sceneries, please try again later"
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 10:40:24 pm »
I was able to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager this afternoon without any errors.  I tried a couple short flights into CYVR and PHLI, and no problems occurred. :)  I think all is well, thanks for getting back.