Author Topic: OOM landing in cloudy weather rwy08R  (Read 3700 times)

windshear

OOM landing in cloudy weather rwy08R
« on: January 31, 2013, 09:38:59 pm »
I don't understand why. I was over water and I have not had OOM before FTX UK and using YVR and FTX NA.

But this caught me by surprise. What do I need to check? Why this change in experience?
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

keino333

Re: OOM landing in cloudy weather rwy08R
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 12:45:07 am »
I don't understand why. I was over water and I have not had OOM before FTX UK and using YVR and FTX NA.

But this caught me by surprise. What do I need to check? Why this change in experience?

I just had the same problem...I'll saved the flight 3 times in different stages on arrival to 8R and exactly the same point it freezes above the runway.

windshear

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 10:08:57 am »
Did you also notice textures loading wrong? I noticed the water textures loosing their texture.

I never had these faults before, only flying into LHR with UK FTX. Same flight with FTX turned off had no incidents
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

keino333

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 02:23:15 pm »
Didn't notice that but tried to execute landing at every runway from a saved flight position.  Same issue repeatedly.  However, when I started the sim on active runway, circled the airport and landed on the suspect runway I had no issues. 

I've deduced the same and in line of your action.  Deactivating addons due to load of FSX.  My flight originated from FSDT KDFW flying into ORBX PNW passing over KSFF (Orbx) Flying into FSDT CYVR with overcast sky low vis using OPUSFSX and autogen set to Dense:)  I would have to say I deserved to experience that type of freeze on final. 

This goes back to my previous conclusions (at least as it reflects my system) that in using any Add aircraft ABX-E, NGX etc, I need not to fly direct from heavy addon scenery and layover (add a leg) at a default airport before continuing on to CYVR at these settings :)