Author Topic: Virtual and 2d hud static  (Read 5867 times)

CapnRandom

Virtual and 2d hud static
« on: June 30, 2008, 10:18:48 am »
I recently installed the Acc. pack and ofcourse jumped into the F-18 first thing and immediatly noticed that the HUD would not change. What I mean by this is that, the ASI and altimeter both constantly read zero and the waterline and pitch ladder dont move. I think A screen cap. explains it alot better than words, so I'll attach one to the post.
http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/4/6/30/f_Untitledm_6997268.jpg
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 10:36:22 am by CapnRandom »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Virtual and 2d hud static
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 12:11:41 pm »
It's just the HUD, or other instruments are frozen too ?

CapnRandom

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 12:28:30 pm »
Thanks for asking, I forgot about them. They are there but they are all also zeroed out and dont move. Although the display for the engine temps and all that does work and the buttons do as well. It's just the HUD and gauges that don't seem to function.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 12:52:00 pm »
It seems your Simconnect is not working correctly: the gauges need to subscribe to the time-based events in Simconnect, in order to update the hud and the needles.

If you have FSX Deluxe, you might try to fix it by installing the FSX SDK, first the installer found on the DVD 1, then the FSX SDK SP1a found on fsinsider.com, then the FSX SDK SP2, on the same site.

If this doesn't fix the issue, I'm afraid you need to do a full FSX reinstall.

CapnRandom

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 09:02:09 pm »
I don't have the delux version of FSX. On fsinsider.com on the info pages for SP1/SP2 both say that if I have Acceleration installed I shouldn't install the service packs. Should I install them anyway or is there a config file I can edit to get them to work properly?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 11:32:52 pm »
I haven't said to install the *FSX* service packs, I said to install the SDK first, that will hopefully fix your Simconnect problem without having to reinstall FSX, than install the *SDK* Service Packs.

However, since you don't have the Deluxe version, you can't install the SDK, and you can't update it...

So, I think your only option would be a FSX reinstall, first the base program, then Acceleration (to reinstall everything, you'll need to Uninstall Acceleration first, then Uninstall FSX, then you can start from scratch). Obviously, if you have installed any 3rd party addons, it's probably best to Uninstall *all* those first, then Uninstall Acceleration, then Uninstalll FSX, then reinstall...

If you don't want to do all of this, I think the only option left is to call Microsoft support and try to see if they can help you fixing Simconnect. Unfortunately, there's no separate Simconnect installer except a client in the SDK and, in your case, since you don't have the Deluxe, you don't have the SDK either, so you'll probably need to fix it the hard way.

You might also try Uninstalling Acceleration only, then reinstall it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 11:34:38 pm by virtuali »