Author Topic: Add-on Manager Help  (Read 5789 times)

Sekhet

Add-on Manager Help
« on: May 19, 2008, 10:09:20 pm »
Umberto,

I had to do a reinstallation of my Cloud9 F-4 and in the process I made sure that I had your latest Add-on Manager.  Of course when I started FS9, the Add-on Manager asked me if I wanted to activate all of my Fsdreamteam, Cloud9, and Skymakers products.  This was expected but now every time I load FS9 the Add-on Manager asks me if I want to activate the Skymakers SCEL scenery.  Granted this is more of an inconvenience than anything else but I was wondering how to fix it.

I’m using the nocd crack but am not using the 3gig patch.

Any help would be great and thanks in advance!
Cris B.
Capt. (Retired)

“There is a big difference between a pilot and an aviator.  One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight.”  - Elrey Jeppesen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Add-on Manager Help
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 10:41:36 pm »
If the Addon Manager runs ok but keeps asking activation just for the Skymakers scenery, and works fine for all others, you can be sure it has nothing to do with 2GB patch, compatibility or anything else, because it's running properly.

You haven't said if you replied "Yes" to the request of activation for SCEL and, what's happening next. Do you see some kind of error, or it reports that activation was successful ? If you check the scenery status with the About menu option for SCEL immediately after having replied "Yes", what does it says ?

Sekhet

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 12:53:48 am »
Oops,

I do reply yes (twice) and then the next pop up says the scenery has been activated successfully. FS9 then continues to load normally.  SCEL also loads without any problem.  The in game Add-on Manager menu says that SCEL is registered and when I click on “about” the pop up says that the scenery is active.  Everything else seems to be working fine.

The only problem I seem to be having is that it asks me if I want to activate the SCEL scenery every time I start FS9.

Weird huh?
Cris B.
Capt. (Retired)

“There is a big difference between a pilot and an aviator.  One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight.”  - Elrey Jeppesen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 01:32:10 am »
That's quite strange. Are you running under XP or Vista ? Does your user account have administrative rights ? If under Vista, you can try running FS9 As Administrator, at least once, Activate, quit, then run normally.

However, if it was a permission problem, you should have it for all products, not just SCEL...

Sekhet

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 02:27:10 am »
I'm running under XP SP3 and the account is the administrative account.

Also, I downloaded the Add-on manager and installed it again but alas, no change.
Cris B.
Capt. (Retired)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 04:35:05 am »
Alright, contact me via email, I need more infos from you. Since this is not even related to FsDreamTeam products, it's better to continue in private.

Sekhet

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 04:23:09 pm »
E-mail and IM sent.
Cris B.
Capt. (Retired)