Author Topic: Fire Station in wrong Position at LAX?! (RESOLVED)  (Read 4600 times)

XCLTM3

Fire Station in wrong Position at LAX?! (RESOLVED)
« on: April 24, 2012, 01:04:14 pm »
Hi FSDT,

I did some touring of the scenery today, and discovered something that may be an error. I noticed that the Fire and Emergency Services station seemed to be way too close to the new Tom Bradley International Terminal (West Side). So much so, that when aircraft are pulling in/out of the adjacent parking spots their wings collide with the actual Fire station/EMS building.

I've attached some screenshots for you to see. In looking at the latest satellite shots of LAX, it seems the location of the fire station/ems building was actually further west of TBIT (during the construction-refurbish-expansion) as compared to where it is placed in the FSDT scenery. Am I wrong?

Rgds,

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:20:40 pm by XCLTM3 »
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fire Station in wrong Position at LAX?!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:14:52 pm »
We have no fire station in the scenery. Your screenshots shows several problems that are unrelated to FSDT KLAX:

- You have a default building covering part of a taxiway

- You have two control towers

- The default ground vehicles are taking wrong paths

- There's no fire station in the middle on Taxi S in the scenery

It seems you have another scenery or another AFCAD in conflict, that explains all the double objects and the fire station, which we haven't modeled there.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to find any duplicates. Note that, if the scenery in conflict is not an AFCAD, that program won't find it.

XCLTM3

Re: Fire Station in wrong Position at LAX?!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 12:17:54 am »
Umberto,

thank you very much for clarifying this......I've got some homework to do in terms of uncovering this issue.

Once again Umberto, Grazi!

Rgds,

iforrage

Re: Fire Station in wrong Position at LAX?! (RESOLVED)
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 05:42:47 pm »
I've just discovered this, as well.  Does anyone know the culprit?
-Jesse

data63

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 08:35:00 pm »
maybe some "repositioned" objects by UTX (I also had a second LAX Tower)?

I  just put two "excludes" into the AFCAD that fixed it.

Happy Landings

Juergen

XCLTM3

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 09:02:44 pm »
I've just discovered this, as well.  Does anyone know the culprit?

Hi iforrage,

I discovered that I had 2 AFCADS for KLAX. 1 was FSDT, the other was a freeware enhancement to KLAX from AVSIM or Flightsim.com (I can't recall which). I deleted the duplicate AFCAD from the ADDON Scenery Folder and all was well again.

Check if you have a duplicate you may have downloaded and forgotten about some time ago. There is a freeware program you can download from AVSIM that is an AFCAD checker that can help identify such issues.

Rgds,

Steve