Author Topic: Some Buildings Missing for fsdt Products on FSX  (Read 8227 times)

WisamH

Some Buildings Missing for fsdt Products on FSX
« on: April 19, 2012, 10:48:49 pm »
Hi there,

Firstly I would like to thank the FSDT team on their great sceneries.
I'm having problems with the scenery as some buildings in the airports don't show up. I've tried the method of deactivating my antivirus and installing the addon manager then excluding the files from being scanned but it has not worked. I am currently running Microsoft security essentials as my antivirus. What can i do to fix this?

Thanks,

Wisam
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:21:31 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Buildings Missing for fsdt Products on FSX
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:09:04 pm »
Please be more specific about "some" buildings: if there's a problem with the antivirus and the software didn't run, you should see basically no buildings. If you see some, or parts of them, it's likely an entirely different issue.

WisamH

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 11:15:40 pm »
If im parked at a jetway, the only visible building would be that terminal and main buildings but the other terminals are not visible. I had no problems with this before but only recently it had popped up. If im parked close to the tower it will should otherwise it wont.

dizza

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 11:19:19 pm »
I am having the same issues. I installed the demo version and I get the green message along the top that says that the demo has started when I load the airport. However, only the jetways show for me. The terminals and other buildings are missing. I have disabled all other addon scenery in the library and still have this issue. I've uninstalled the demo from add/remove programs, verified all FDST folders have been removed and even reviewed the registry for existing entries. Then I reinstalled again, but am still unable to view the terminals.

No previous installs of FSDT products on this machine. I am currently running the following addons - PMDG 737NGX, REX + Overdrive, REX Weather Engine and EZdoc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 11:19:57 pm »
As I've thought, the problem doesn't have anything to do with antivirus, etc. Check you are not running FSX in "Compatibility mode", which is not what it defaults to.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 11:21:18 pm »
I am having the same issues

However, only the jetways show for me. The terminals and other buildings are missing.

No, you have an entirely different problem than the original poster (he's missing some buildings, not all), and you should probably just search for all countless solutions posted about the antivirus blocking the program.

dizza

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 11:29:41 pm »
Wow... I installed the demo so I could see the product in action before buying it. But if I am going to get sarcastic responses from the help staff to my issues, I think I will take my money elsewhere. I did read all of the other threads on here regarding the multiple issues people are having with the product. At first I made sure the AV was excluding the entire FSX folder structure for scans. Installed demo, same issue, uninstalled. Disabled AV completely. Installed demo, same issue, uninstalled. Renamed fsx.cfg file temporarily, loaded FSX, allowed the addons as trusted sources, same issue.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 10:04:19 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Some Buildings Missing for fsdt Products on FSX
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 10:04:27 am »
But if I am going to get sarcastic responses from the help staff to my issues, I think I will take my money elsewhere.

I really can't see anything that might be considered "sarcastic". That you don't have the same problem as the original poster, is simply a matter of fact, and facts can't be sarcastic if their are simply pointed out in the most neutral way, which is exactly what I did, with no sarcasm at all, that was something you just added up.

I did read all of the other threads on here regarding the multiple issues people are having with the product. At first I made sure the AV was excluding the entire FSX folder structure for scans. Installed demo, same issue, uninstalled. Disabled AV completely. Installed demo, same issue, uninstalled. Renamed fsx.cfg file temporarily, loaded FSX, allowed the addons as trusted sources, same issue.

Please, open another thread for this problem, otherwise you are only making more difficult for the original poster and other that really have the same problem (SOME missing buildings) to follow this one.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 10:18:22 am by virtuali »

WisamH

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 02:31:18 pm »
Can confirm that i am not running compatibility mode and the problem still occurs.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 02:41:47 pm by WisamH »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 02:41:29 pm »
Right-click on the FSX.EXE, select Properties and then the Compatibility tab. Everything in that page must bec unchecked. Besides, was it you that posted a message stating that turning off the Compatibility mode and running FSX As Administrator fixed the problem ?

WisamH

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 11:36:36 pm »
Yes it was me, but then i restarted fsx and the same problem popped up again. And i can confirm that the all the boxes are unchecked in the compatibility tab.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 11:47:39 pm »
Yes it was me, but then i restarted fsx and the same problem popped up again. And i can confirm that the all the boxes are unchecked in the compatibility tab.

If you are sure of that, it can only be something else like a wrong FSX tweak or a problem with video settings. As I've said, if the software has problems running, you shouldn't see *any* buildings, not just some.

Try to reset your FSX.CFG to all default settings, by removing the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, this will force FSX to rebuild a new one with all default settings.

If that doesn't work, try to reset your Video card control panel to default settings. Check you don't use the "Adaptive Antialiasign" or "Transparency Antialiasing" options, because they might cause objects to disappear, and this is explicitly advised in the KLAX manual, on the "Design Notes" page.

WisamH

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 11:36:59 am »
I have reset my fsx cfg. Im running nvidia inspector and the transparency anti aliasing is off. So I'm not sure what's wrong. Thank you for your help