Author Topic: LAX Ground textures blurry and missing taxi lines  (Read 12253 times)

Problemonator

LAX Ground textures blurry and missing taxi lines
« on: April 01, 2012, 11:01:35 am »
Hi,

I bought LAX a few days ago and it was fine until today. I fired up my FSX to do a flight to LAS (also a few days old) and the ground textures were missing, along with the taxi lines.

I was wondering how I would fix this; I havent changed anything.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LAX Ground textures blurry and missing taxi lines
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 02:00:36 pm »
Are you sure you are using the current version of the Addon Manager ? If not sure, download it again and install it.

jamo2oo9

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 09:20:32 pm »
I have the same problem and there's a large trench dug out in the centre of the airport? The buildings are okay, taxiway lines, runway numbers and lines are missing. I don't think there anything else missing. I have the latest download of addon manager.

Jamie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 10:54:25 am »
Do you see BOTH the Addon Manager menu AND the Couatl menus ? Be sure you are using the Current version of the Addon Manager, and you see both menus. Try to reboot Windows before checking.

jamo2oo9

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 12:09:22 pm »
Yes, I see them both menus. I installed the latest add-on yesterday then I installed LA, LAS, ORD.

Jamie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 01:10:15 pm »
You need to install the Addon Manager AFTER the sceneries, not before. Unless you redownload all the scenery installers now, in that case it should work regardless of the order.

jamo2oo9

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 01:23:08 pm »
Opened up FSX a while ago just to check out the GSX at KLAS. Looks superb! After a quick 15min testing of it I went to KLAS and it seems to be working okay? I have the taxiway lines and the ground textures are crystal clear..? Strange! Can you confirm that there's supposed to be a taxiway line between RWY 25L and RWY 25R? Thanks

Jamie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 03:14:42 pm »
What is your zoom settings  ? It might be just a LOD setting, so the lines automatically disappear if the zoom is too wide. Try to use something like 0.70.

windshear

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 10:55:02 am »
Which LOD would you recommend? Also could it be HD settings that are off?
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 11:59:53 am »
Which LOD would you recommend? Also could it be HD settings that are off?

As I've said in my previous message, a good zoom setting would be around 0.70, which is also considered to be the most realistic in FSX. And yes, having HD textures turned off, will result in blurred textures, since KLAX textures are made in 4096x4096 resolution.

jamo2oo9

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 12:10:58 am »
My zoom is defaulted at 0.70

I still have the problem, it appears that taxi lines will disappear after 1700z. Before that, I can see the airport just as it should be but after 1700z (a rough estimate) it's not there anymore..? When I wake up the next morning, I see the airport as it should be..

Jamie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 12:03:25 pm »
Before that, I can see the airport just as it should be but after 1700z (a rough estimate) it's not there anymore..? When I wake up the next morning, I see the airport as it should be..

Are you running in DirectX Preview mode ? If yes, turn it off.

jamo2oo9

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 02:02:48 pm »
DirectX Preview is off.

Highiron

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 02:06:27 am »
This is exactly what I am experiencing as well at PHOG.

During the daytime, everything is perfect.

When the night textures load, I'm getting a blurry ground texture, and all the taxiway/runway markings are absent. The two are certainly related.

Cheers,
Thad
Cheers,
Cpt. Thad Wheeler

jamo2oo9

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 01:46:16 pm »
I found a way of bypassing this problem of blurry textures and missing lines. It doesn't solve it completely but the way I get it anytime that I want to fly at KLAX is when I'm setting the flight up in FSX Free Flight menu. For departure airport, I would choose a different airport say KSFO and click okay. Then I would go back to it again and change my departure airport to KLAX and choose a stand/parking spot and click okay. Works like a charm for me now. It's not a solution to this problem but for now it's an alternative for anyone who's frustrated by this problem.

Jamie