Author Topic: No Addon Manager@FSX Add On menu  (Read 7613 times)

Abrupto

No Addon Manager@FSX Add On menu
« on: February 01, 2012, 08:37:49 pm »
Hello

just buied GSX and after install setup_addonmanagerX.exe the addon manager does not show up in FSX addon menu. Can you please help.

Regards
Henrique

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Addon Manager@FSX Add On menu
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:41:11 pm »
- If you installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, Uninstall it.

- Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check FSX starts correctly, and you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

Abrupto

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 09:48:39 pm »
Thank you,

sorry, followed your post step by step but still there is no addon manager @ FSX addon menu
Regards
henrique

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 10:02:10 pm »
Have you been asked permission to run both the Addon Manager modules and the Couatl modules after you launched FSX for the first time after the installation ?

Abrupto

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 10:47:57 pm »
Thank you for helping, all is ok now.

Regards
Henrique

whitakerjl

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 08:14:36 pm »
Henrique,

It would be nice if you would post a bit more regarding how you resolved this issue- keep in mind, others are likely experiencing similar issues.

Virtuali, this morning I got a message indicating a new version of the addon manager was available.  I downloaded and installed the new addon manager only to find that I had no buildings at any of my FSDT airports and the menu items are no longer available in my addon menu through FSX.

Folloing your directions in a previous post I unistalled the addon manager.  After restarting my computer I ensured all antivirus and firewalls were disabled and reinstalled the newest addon manager.  Still no luck.  I have repeated the process thrice.

This is a bit of an issue, as I own every FSDT product from POI through GSX and all the airports.

Any help would be appreciated.

JW

*****EDIT*****

I seem to have resolved my issue by uninstalling and then reinstalling each of my 12 FSDT products.  Certainly not the eaiest way to fix the issue (I hope).  I will think twice before installing the next standalone update.  If anybody else experiences a similar issue and subsequently finds a more efficient soltion i'd love to hear about it.

JW
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:31:03 pm by whitakerjl »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 10:02:33 pm »
If you waited my reply instead, I might have save you some time. If the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer didn't fix the issue, you could have simply reinstalled GSX only.

If GSX works and the Stand-Alone Addon Manager doesn't, it means your system has a missing/corrupted version of the VC++ runtimes our products need. GSX and all the scenery installer use a slightly different version of the library that is not corrupted on your system, so it work. For some users is exactly the opposite, they can't run GSX, but the Addon Manager fixes it, because on *their* system, the corrupted version is the one that works on yours.

almostatys

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 06:45:40 pm »
Hi!

I have a very big problem,and I am very nervous!!!
I bought the Los Angeles scenery,and I can't activate my serial. I downloaded Addon manager,installed it, but no Addon manager in FSX/Addon.
I turned off my firewall and my antivirus,but no addon manager in FSX!
Please help me!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 06:58:39 pm »
I bought the Los Angeles scenery,and I can't activate my serial. I downloaded Addon manager,installed it, but no Addon manager in FSX/Addon.I turned off my firewall and my antivirus,but no addon manager in FSX!

If you are *really* sure to have followed the above procedure to disable and configure the antivirus as explained in the above thread, try the solutions posted here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6641.msg57259#msg57259