Author Topic: Stairways in GSX  (Read 5943 times)

eskil

Stairways in GSX
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:28:15 pm »
Thank you for a marvellous add-on! I have only been testing it for an hour or so, but it certainly adds a lot of reality to FSX.
I have two questions.

1. When arriving at Linate on a default A321, the passenger stairs line up perfectly with the doorway, but the tow tractor remains at the lower end of the stairs, thus blocking passengers' access to the staircase. Could that be remedied?

2. When arriving with the Just Flight 757 Freemium, the stairway stops away from the fuselage, and too low. The default jetway lines up properly with the Freemium, so at least the [Exits] co-ordinates in the Aircraft.cfg file are correct. I realise that there are umpteen add-on aircraft out there that you haven't included, but I wonder if there is a possibility to adjust the position of the stairway for other aircraft.

Cheers,
eskil

P.S. Hoping for animated passengers soon...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stairways in GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 12:52:27 pm »
1. When arriving at Linate on a default A321, the passenger stairs line up perfectly with the doorway, but the tow tractor remains at the lower end of the stairs, thus blocking passengers' access to the staircase. Could that be remedied?

I can't see that, could you please post a screenshot ?

2. When arriving with the Just Flight 757 Freemium, the stairway stops away from the fuselage, and too low. The default jetway lines up properly with the Freemium, so at least the [Exits] co-ordinates in the Aircraft.cfg file are correct. I realise that there are umpteen add-on aircraft out there that you haven't included, but I wonder if there is a possibility to adjust the position of the stairway for other aircraft.

As explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5481.msg49743#msg49743

You can start using an unsupported airplane, if you can find an already made intelliscene file for it, it's usually better than having GSX relying to the aircraft.cfg informations only. You don't need to have AES installed, just look if someone made an intelliscene file for that airplane and put it into its main folder.

However, we might just add the Just Flight 757 ourselves, seems to be easy enough, considering it's freely downloadable.

eskil

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 02:10:54 pm »
Sorry, I can't replicate that either now, but it must have been the push-back truck that was parked to the left of the aircraft's nose, and happening to be in the spot that the stairs needed.
I now also noted that the Follow Me van drives somewhat erratically, actually driving under a taxiing KLM aircraft...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 02:18:03 pm »
I now also noted that the Follow Me van drives somewhat erratically, actually driving under a taxiing KLM aircraft...

GSX doesn't have any notion of other AI airplanes, it would be both a big performance hit, and it would be too easy to end up in traffic deadlocks.

eskil

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 11:21:33 pm »
I have continued experimenting with the stairways. I managed to find an Intelliscene.cfg for a similar 757 payware a/c and changed the co-ordinates to fit the Freemium 757. Now all the ground vehicles match up with the doors.
However, the catering hangs up when the vehicles are in place, repeatedly requesting "Waiting for your action: Open exit 3". There is no opening doors on the starboard side of this a/c, so I can't respond to the command, and the catering therefore never ends.
Interestingly, with the default A321 and B737, the catering goes on despite closed doors, the attendant just pushing his carts through the fuselage side!
Finally, with the default 747, everything  positions far too far back. The baggage loader stands behind the a/c and (un)loads in open air! The single stairway (why only one for a 747 when the 757 gets three?) and the rear catering vehicle drive right through the wing to end up between doors 3 and 4! Pushback, however, positions correctly.