Author Topic: S76 Touring KORD  (Read 9164 times)

M-Sauce

S76 Touring KORD
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:24:12 am »
Criusing arround O'Hare in my Nemeth S76.  ;D

Mariano

OldOrchard512

Re: S76 Touring KORD
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 05:17:11 pm »
Hey what AI traffic are you using?
Tom Moretti

SirIsaac726

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 08:39:25 pm »
Great shots!

I love this scenery except for the fact that mine is blurry.  I am a bit dissapointed that it appears you have to use Massive global texture settings which my computer can't do but oh well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 08:44:27 pm »
Are you using FS9 or FSX ? Because, in FSX, if you want to see the scenery at the resolution it has been designed for, you need to set the texture resolution to 30 cm.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 03:09:56 am »
I'm using FS9.

M-Sauce

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 04:54:59 pm »
Hey what AI traffic are you using?

Which one? The traffic you see on my shots is a lobor of love, consisting of years of compilation and refinement. It has been an obsession of mine for the past 2 years. It includes the finest models, names like The Friut Stand, Aardvark, AI Malcontnet, FS Painter, PAI, Henry T. (Not even gonna try the spelling, sorry).

The textures are also the best that I could find all over the net, they come from painters all over the world. When I can't find a paint that I really want, I have a go at it myself  ;D.

I know it is sad, but I can honestly say that out of all the time I spend on this great hobby, 5% of my time is spent playing with the Sim. 55% of the time is spent Painting AI, and 40% is spent installing AI Flightplans or installing new textures. I spend hours on the net getting the latest fleet facts and checking registrations to make the traffic as close as possible to real life. It is a bit like painting the Verrazano bridge. You start at one end, by the time you get to the other, it is time to paint it again  :D.

Mariano

CirrusTop

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 03:43:55 am »
Very nice traffic you got going their!

jasonarmstrong

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 10:10:24 pm »
Hello

Awesome shots! I have a question.

Is ur traffic set at 100%?

What kind of computer do you have to achieve those graphics and not lag, because mine lags.  I have a:

HP Pavilion Media Center A1640n
Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
Ati Radeon 1650Pro 512Mb

Thanks!

M-Sauce

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 12:12:14 am »
I have a a system that I built myself. I'm never buying a pre-built system again in my life! It was very easy. Do you like building stuff and taking it apart? Then I suggest you build your own system. You have a lot more control as to what you put into it. Here is what I got;

- I bought a huge Cooler-Master case so that I can work on it without getting too cramped.
- The Mother board is a P5N32-E SLI from Asus.
- I've got 2 gigs of RAM, overclocked.
- Intel Core 2 CPU 6600 2.4Ghz, I've got it overclocked to 3.5Ghz.
- 2 Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS cards in an SLI config (I know, FS9 don't use it, but you've gotta see my Call of Duty 4 running at 1920*1200, all maxed out. Sweet ;D)
- 2 150Gb SATA2 Hard drives, set up in a RAID config, so total of 300 Gigs.
- Custom cooling (Air only) config for the CPU and the South bridge.
- One DVD/CD burner/drive combo.
- One Floppy 1.4mb disc drive (Don't laugh, you need it for the RAID drivers. Kind of like putting a Loran-C box in a 787 though...  :D)
- I use an Apple 23 inch (still kick myself for not getting "the big one"  >:()
- Last but not least, I'm running a Cooler-Master RealPower Pro 1000W supply (I need at least 800 for the 2 Nvidia 8800 videocards)

That is all. And I'm running XP, will never go to Vista. No I haven't bought FSX and don't plan on it either. When MS comes out with a flight sim that takes advantage of SLI and Multi-core processors I will then buy it and upgrade my system. Until then, I'm enjoying FS9 with 39 FPS pegged most of the time. O-hare does bog down ocasionaly, especially with a complex add-on aircraft like the PMDG series or LDS 767. I run with traffic at 100% Airline and GA all the time.

Mariano