Author Topic: Couatl Engine Crash/No buildings  (Read 4351 times)

ramrunner800

Couatl Engine Crash/No buildings
« on: September 18, 2011, 07:07:03 pm »
While loading a flight at KLAX I get an error message that the Couatl Scripting Engine has crashed.  The flight then continues to load, but after it does, there are no buildings at KLAX.  Any ideas on where to start looking?

ramrunner800

Re: Couatl Engine Crash/No buildings
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 07:50:45 pm »
The guys over at Avsim suggested updating the add-on manager and disabling my antivirus.  Works like a charm.  This scenery is AWESOME!

bburk

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 03:08:04 am »
While loading a flight at KLAX I get an error message that the Couatl Scripting Engine has crashed.  The flight then continues to load, but after it does, there are no buildings at KLAX.  Any ideas on where to start looking?

Did you ever figure out how to fix this? Sounds like the same problem I'm having. Load a flight, everything seems fine for about 3-5 min then I get a Couatl Error message and FSX proceeds but without FSDT buildings. Couatl is no longer in the FSX Addons menu at this point.

Everything was fine for me up to version 1.1.

I've also tried disabling antivirus and blocking the bglmanx.dll and couatl.exe from my antivirus software.

I've uninstalled everything including the Addon Manager and Couatl and reinstalled everything with my antivirus software completely disabled. The problem still persists. I own every FSDT scenery and have never had a problem like this up to now.

My suspicion is that it's the new version of Couatl that was implemented since version 1.0 that may be buggy. Waiting to hear more from Virtuali on this. Just my speculation. Until now, all of my FSDT airports are building-less. This may be the problem for some users who are experiencing a building-less LAX. However, I've seen various reports which seem to suggest other problems as well.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,

Brandon
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 03:13:54 am by bburk »

kozmicelly

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 06:44:09 am »
I hope my "Side Effect?" thread might be some help.
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4775.0

kozmicelly

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 07:40:43 am »