Author Topic: Buildings disappear after install  (Read 74957 times)

audiohavoc

Buildings disappear after install
« on: September 16, 2011, 11:31:11 pm »
FYI

After installing KLAX V2, all the building disappeared after about 5 minutes, and they were also gone at KDFW, KFLL, KMDW, KORD, and KFJK.  I had to uninstall and reinstall all of my FSDT airports, but now everything is as it should be.  I posted this in case other users experience this phenomenon.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Buildings disappear after install
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 11:36:18 pm »
This shouldn't simply happen, but if it does, check if you have a couatl.err file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if you have it, post its content here. In any case, there wasn't any need to reinstall all the other sceneries.

audiohavoc

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 11:49:07 pm »
This shouldn't simply happen, but if it does, check if you have a couatl.err file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if you have it, post its content here. In any case, there wasn't any need to reinstall all the other sceneries.

Here is the contents of the couatl.err file:

couatl v1.0 (build 1024)
panic log started on Mon Sep 13 14:42:37 2010
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\KDFW\__init__.py", line 65, in onAppStart
AttributeError: 'KDFW' object has no attribute 'getRwsl'

couatl v1.0 (build 1024)
panic log started on Mon Sep 13 14:46:42 2010

couatl v1.0 (build 1024)
panic log started on Mon Sep 13 14:51:36 2010

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 11:52:44 pm »
The error log only shows errors from Sept. 2010, this means no other errors happened after that date. If you want to be sure you have everything updated, install KLAX as the last scenery.

audiohavoc

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 12:19:00 am »
The error log only shows errors from Sept. 2010, this means no other errors happened after that date. If you want to be sure you have everything updated, install KLAX as the last scenery.

Thanks, that is what I figured and I did install LAX last.  By the way, it is amazing and so nice to see the Westchester Parkway, In-n-Out, Sepulveda Blvd passing under the 25's, and the I-105.  Excellent work.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 10:05:40 am »
What about only having partial buildings show up?? Like only half of the building shows up, and I also dont have any jetways that show up either. Just bought tonight.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 10:30:25 am »
What about only having partial buildings show up?? Like only half of the building shows up, and I also dont have any jetways that show up either.

That looks like another scenery in conflict. Jetways are the only thing in the scenery that are not handled at all by our two software modules (Addon Manager and Couatl), which is why they are the only thing left at the end of the Trial.

They are plain and simple standard .BGL so, and the only thing that can prevent jetways to show, it's another AFCAD from another scenery (or AI package) in conflict, you'll have to use the free FSX Airport Scanner to find AFCAD duplicates and remove them.

jasonarmstrong

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 08:13:58 pm »
I Believe I'm having this problem as well. The scenery at times will be missing buildings/and or jetways. Rebooting FSX will correct this and all the buildings will show. As seen on the attached images the buildings are not showing up. If there is another scenery or file conflicting causing the problem, wouldn't the issue persist even after a reboot? Any assistance with this would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 08:21:18 pm »
This is what my scenery looks like. I removed the other lax afcad that i had, and this is still what it looks like

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 08:30:16 pm »
I Believe I'm having this problem as well. The scenery at times will be missing buildings/and or jetways. Rebooting FSX will correct this and all the buildings will show

Buildings and jetways are not the same problem, they are entirely unrelated.

Missing jetways can ONLY be caused by another scenery in conflict.

Missing buildings, instead, might be caused by the modules not running for some reason. Check if you still have *both* the Addon Manager menu and the Couatl menu under the Addons menu, whenever you are seeing missing buildings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 08:31:05 pm »
This is what my scenery looks like. I removed the other lax afcad that i had, and this is still what it looks like

The AI parked in the wrong position can only be caused by another AFCAD in conflict which you haven't spotted yet. Nothing else can misplace an AI parking location.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 08:32:42 pm »
The ai are in the right spot....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 08:36:20 pm »
The ai are in the right spot....

Your screenshot clearly shows they aren't, at least one of them (the white/green one) it's not.

Or it's your airplane ? Not a very good idea taking a screenshot in that position, it really confuse things.

Anyway, do you have set any of the Compatibility modes for the FSX.EXE file ? If yes, right-click on the FSX.EXE file, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and turn off everything in that page.

jasonarmstrong

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 08:41:41 pm »
Find attached what i mean about missing jetways and in the background missing buildings.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 09:02:39 pm »
Ya thats the user aircraft, i was slewing to the problem. Problem still persists, compatibility is off too.