Author Topic: Luhue grass/field textures look so blurry  (Read 4500 times)

Noel

Luhue grass/field textures look so blurry
« on: July 23, 2011, 01:00:03 am »
Hi,

Just bought all five airports in Hawaii and the first one visited was Lihue and it is a bit of a disappointment.  How come the grass textures are so low resolution?  I'm not asking for individual blades of grass, but it seems to look worse than the default stuff, or so I recall.  Was this done to make room for all the objects in the airport in terms of performance?  Be nice to have the grass textures a little nicer I feel as the grass textures do occupy such a large part of that total area.

OTOH, Kona looks quite nice.  Maybe the Hawaii 1 airports are a little dated I guess.

Noel
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 01:20:45 am by Noel »

Noel

Re: Luhue grass/field textures look so blurry
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 08:03:57 am »
Pardon the last post I'm new at buying airports and I must admit I can latch on to the one weak area of something and miss the main point!  From the number of posts on this comment so far I think you must have known I'd outgrow this first impression  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 08:24:31 am »
The main settings that affects textures resolutions in FSX are:

- the Max Textures size" slider on the video settings in FSX, put it all the way to the right

- the Texture resolution in the Scenery settings, put it at 60cm

- the Anisotropic filter on your video card Control Panel. Put it to 8x or 16, without letting the application controls it.

Noel

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 04:14:52 pm »
The main settings that affects textures resolutions in FSX are:

- the Max Textures size" slider on the video settings in FSX, put it all the way to the right

- the Texture resolution in the Scenery settings, put it at 60cm

- the Anisotropic filter on your video card Control Panel. Put it to 8x or 16, without letting the application controls it.

Nah, not talking about that as I have all settings way right already.  The blurriness I am referring to is the actual grass textures themselves, not how they are rendered.  It's ok, I just will try not to look at them  ;)