Author Topic: Miami Please Reconsider!  (Read 26993 times)

777captain

Miami Please Reconsider!
« on: June 24, 2011, 02:38:15 am »
Hey FSDT,

I saw some posts by LatinVFR, that Junior (Intersim) might close the company. To be honest, Intersim has really shown us nothing but the J terminal and a few buildings over the past 6-8 months. I dont know if Miami will EVER be completed by them. Therefore, if they were to close, would you guys still to MIA?

newmanix

• Beta tester
Re: Miami Please Reconsider!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 03:10:59 am »
Hey FSDT,

I saw some posts by LatinVFR, that Junior (Intersim) might close the company. To be honest, Intersim has really shown us nothing but the J terminal and a few buildings over the past 6-8 months. I dont know if Miami will EVER be completed by them. Therefore, if they were to close, would you guys still to MIA?

This doesn't surprse me. But either way, I am sure that by the time LAX, Hawaii vol 2, and Zurich Redux is complete (which might around be the end of this year or the beginning of next year) and Intersim still hasn't released, I believe Umberto will focus on MIA. Too many people voted on it 2nd after LAX.

Lets just hope LAX sells enough sales in the FS9 version that Umberto will recreate MIA in FS9 if an FSX version is made...

http://intersimstudios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=255

http://www.flycay.com/forums/showthread.php?3870-Junior-Puente-(intersim)-is-on-a-mission

He did say though MIA will still be released under Taxi to Gate. Perhaps now JR will solely focus on KMIA and not so many projects at once. Lets just cross our fingers...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:20:04 am by newmanix »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 12:27:20 pm »
Lets just hope LAX sells enough sales in the FS9 version that Umberto will recreate MIA in FS9 if an FSX version is made...

I'm sorry, but the next new scenery will be FSX only. FS9 users, however, will still get upgrades (like Zurich, O'Hare and likely JFK next) of existing sceneries.

We said it many times already, and it's confirmed: there's no way we can support 3 different platforms once MS Flight will be out.

And besides, what we are doing with KLAX is so advanced (KDFW will look "dated"...), that we can't progress anymore if we were still bound by FS9. Porting KLAX to FS9 will not be trivial which means, for the first time, we might not be able to release the FS9 version at the same time. And, it will look drastically inferior to FSX anyway.

It's time to move on, guys...

About MIA, we never be worried about other developers doing it, and I was quite sure they wouldn't be able to pull it out because, one thing is showing some 3d renderings, but it's way more difficult turning them in a sellable product that works well and into a commercial operation make strides into the market.

The issue is, after KLAX, we'll have our hands full with GSX, all the old products updates and then supporting MS Flight, which will keep us busy for a while even without starting entirely new airports.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:12:24 pm by virtuali »

JamesChams

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 01:17:40 pm »
Virtuali,

I'm sorry, but the next new scenery will be FSX only....
An extremely wise decision on your part... and about time, as well. :D

Check your PM!
Grazie! :)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

sticky1202

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 02:40:28 pm »
  From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense to stop supporting FS9. That being said, I'm sure many of us FS9 users are not going to jump ship and start using FSX. Until "flight" comes out, many of us FS9 users will just be sitting on the sidelines waiting for the release of flight. Way too much money/time invested in FS9 at this point.

Jim

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 02:47:49 pm »
An extremely wise decision on your part... and about time, as well. :D

A lot of posts in the LAX backdoor forum mention that LAX would be their last scenery from FSDT, so it may prove to be an unwise decision.  I would've liked seeing both supported until the release of Flight, but I'm not a developer.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 04:47:02 pm »
 I would've liked seeing both supported until the release of Flight, but I'm not a developer.

Which is exactly as I've said:

The issue is, after KLAX, we'll have our hands full with GSX, all the old products updates and then supporting MS Flight, which will keep us busy for a while even without starting entirely new airports.

FS9 WILL BE supported after KLAX, at least until the Flight release, because in that time we'll do:

- Zurich and KORD updates, possibly a JFK update as well, all of them which will be available for FS9 as well, save for the FSX-only graphic updates

- Hawaii 2 will be for FS9 as well.

- GSX has always been said it would be for FSX only, because there's no way to make it run on FS9 (no skinned animations=no people, no simconnect, no simobjects, etc.)

So, exactly as you would like, and exactly as I've said, FS9 WILL be supported at least until MS Flight is released. There will be NO NEW and UN-ANNOUNCED products for FS9 but because, quite simply, we don't have much "new and unannounced" to announce right now.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 05:15:30 pm »
Looking at it from that perspective, you'll always be supporting FS9 because those users who can't run FSX on their system surely won't be able to run Flight... I'm not even sure my Core 2 would run it.  When I speak of supporting FS9 until Flight, I mean with new product.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 05:48:32 pm »
Some people have a hard time to except change and the reality has come full circle with FS9 development winding down. I'm not saying the FS9 users have to switch over to FSX this minute but they will have to realize they will have to. No bones about, FSX has gone through a rocky start but with new addons being developed FSX will be around for some time to come. :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 06:14:59 pm »
Looking at it from that perspective, you'll always be supporting FS9 because those users who can't run FSX on their system surely won't be able to run Flight... I'm not even sure my Core 2 would run it.

Those running with 5 years old systems (I had my Core 2 in 2006) will eventually upgrade because, at a certain point, it becomes more costly to *mantain* such system, than to purchase a new one. FSX runs well on current sub-1000$ systems, like this 899$ i7 Sandy Bridge:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883147828

So, the hardware argument is moot, at today's prices.

When I speak of supporting FS9 until Flight, I mean with new product.

Which we ARE going to do, since Hawaii 2 is a NEW product, which will be released after KLAX and before MS Flight, for FS9 as well. You are confusing "new products" with "new AND un-announced products", and I was quite careful writing "new AND un-announced products" in my previous post...

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 06:19:12 pm »
This doesn't surprse me.

To be frank, it doesn't surprise me either. The whole deal has seemed so amature from the start when they were using this and the FlyTampa forum to advertise their product until they had their own forum. Then there was the "it will be done in 45 days" post, which came and went. I'm sure they are nice folks, but I think the way they went about the whole deal from the very start was very very bad to put it mildly. There is always some drama, just like when they closed the first time and now the recent posts you gave the link to.

If they close it will only be a matter of time before the "Intersim is not dead - Part II" posts pop up hear and on other sites.

He did say though MIA will still be released under Taxi to Gate. Perhaps now JR will solely focus on KMIA and not so many projects at once. Lets just cross our fingers...

I didn't see that part of the post, but who knows how long and/or if it will ever materialize. If it does how will it perform?

I noticed in a post from Richardo regarding the Key West project that the models had too many polys and weren't up to standard of good design technique to be able to provide sufficient performance. If KMIA is the same it would have probably ended up being an FPS hog anyway, which is one reason I was praying for FSDT to do Miami since they have proven time and time again that they are the masters of FPS optimization!!

I guess only time will tell when we may see KMIA from someone. Since Umberto and team are going to be tied up for a while with updating older products, KLAX, and GSX, I will continue to use my FlyTampa KMIA FSX port over until something comes along.

777captain

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 01:49:30 am »
Well, Umberto, I guess when the Hawaii guys are finished, they could work on Miami? I really really really hope that you decide to maybe hold off on the "upgrades" or hire some more designers, or make the Hawaii guys do Miami, as I really think that FSDT can make its mark with this airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 10:15:27 am »
Well, Umberto, I guess when the Hawaii guys are finished, they could work on Miami?

It's possible, but they would like to do another very large US airport instead, we haven't announced yes. And no, don't ask which one, we'll not tell until after Hawaii 2 is out.

I really really really hope that you decide to maybe hold off on the "upgrades" or hire some more designers

We promised the updates a while ago, and they are long overdue. And putting new designers to work on older projects, on top of having to teach them our design methods, will result in too much time lost (by an otherwise too busy team) just to have them figure it out how to assemble the whole scenery and work with our tools, since we use far more than plain simple SDK.

And, if the Intersim/Latin VFR story is teaching us something, is that it would be very difficult to find reliable designers we can trust...

HarFRXtreme

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 11:46:57 am »
Hey FSDT,

well according to me because i am a staff member of intersim i think they said that new shots will be following this week and KMIA will be relelased soon!
.......::::: LIVE LONG FSDREAMTREAM :::::.......

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 12:51:51 pm »
It's possible, but they would like to do another very large US airport instead, we haven't announced yes. And no, don't ask which one, we'll not tell until after Hawaii 2 is out.

I hope that if FSDT doesn't do KMIA, that tackle KPHX which is another airport that has long been touched by a 3PD. Aside from the fact that it would round out the KLAX and KLAS area nicely as well.