Author Topic: Jetway Alignment - Airbus A320  (Read 7315 times)

vadriver

Jetway Alignment - Airbus A320
« on: June 13, 2011, 08:45:53 am »
Team

Can I confirm and / or check my suspicions after scanning the forum / reading the user guides.

a) I fly both the Aerosoft & Wilco Airbus's A320 / 1, all of which align well at an FSX default jetway.

b) However, at each of JFK, ORD, DFW & LAS (in FSX), only the Aerosoft aligns correctly. The jetway to the Wilco extends horizontally okay but vertically is 3-4 feet too high.

So, is this because the Wilco is not a pure FSX add-on & a port from FS9 - or is there an adjustment to the aircraft.cfg I can make ?

Alternatively, should I finally invest in AES / wait for GSX ??

Any clues / tips would be appreciated.

cheers
john  ???
cheers
john

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway Alignment - Airbus A320
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 10:33:13 am »
So, is this because the Wilco is not a pure FSX add-on & a port from FS9 - or is there an adjustment to the aircraft.cfg I can make ?

You should check the Exits section, and verify if the coordinates of the doors are correct.

Alternatively, should I finally invest in AES / wait for GSX ??

I'll try to make as neutral as possible reply here:

AES can be more fine-tuned for a specific airport, while GSX it's more generic in nature, since it works with any airport, even those not released yet. Of course, this means you'll have to pay separately for each AES airport, while GSX it's a single purchase for all FSX airports.

Also, GSX it's a fully native FSX product, not an FS9 port, which means it will look better because models use Shader materials with specular and bump mapping, and advanced animations which makes realistic humans characters possible.

vadriver

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 01:32:27 pm »
umberto

i'm confused.

if the jetway aligns well at an FSX default airport / jetway, the exit cordinates are correct.

is FSDT reading the same data ??
cheers
john

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 02:49:28 pm »
if the jetway aligns well at an FSX default airport / jetway, the exit cordinates are correct.

The issue is, they don't. Not even default airplanes at default airports aligns correctly at every gate or every airport. For example, the default CRJ-200 at default airports, often result in jetways with wheels sunken into the ground. The system has several issues.

is FSDT reading the same data ??

We are not reading anything. We don't move the jetways, FSX does, and it's FSX that reads the aircraft.cfg. We don't do anything to animate jetways, we only customized the model, but it's FSX that handles the movement and the relationship with the airplane doors.

Of course, as you noted yourself, since our jetways moves correctly with the Aerosoft A320, clearly means our models are working so, it's an FSX issue.

One of the thing we are considering for GSX, perhaps not the initial release, is to replace the FSX default jetway handling.

vadriver

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 01:02:28 am »
umberto

thanks again for your notes ... which are more than plausible.

the idea for GSX to control the jetway would be a winner in this.

i'll do some more research/trials to see if there is a glitch in the wilco somewhere.

for now, enough distraction .... i don't want to delay your efforts on GSX & KLAX.
cheers
john

vadriver

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 12:55:02 am »
umberto

a quick update which may be of value to others !

i lowered the exit level by 4' in the wilco config.cfg & now FSDT jetways align spot on. interestingly the default jetways still align correctly.

seems there's a glitch with wilco's somewhere but not obvious to me.

for now, looking forward to KLAX &
cheers
john

theshack440

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 11:38:59 pm »
umberto

a quick update which may be of value to others !

i lowered the exit level by 4' in the wilco config.cfg & now FSDT jetways align spot on. interestingly the default jetways still align correctly.

seems there's a glitch with wilco's somewhere but not obvious to me.

for now, looking forward to KLAX &

It is interesting that you bring this up because a few weeks ago I was doing a jetBlue flight at T5 and the jetway left about 3 feet in between its floor and the bottom of the doorway. After a trial at FLL and DFW I realized it must have been a coordinate issue in the PA A320 that I had. I then went into the aircraft.cfg and looked at the exits and tweaked it while in fsx; using trial and error.

So I was able to resolve it after that.

Glad to see that you resolved your problem.

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations