Author Topic: (FSX) KJFK at rush hour!  (Read 8645 times)

hombrexp

(FSX) KJFK at rush hour!
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:37:05 am »
These are shots at late afternoon on a weekday.   I have taken shots in a clockwise direction from Terminal 1 to Terminal 4, and the AFCAD used is a custom one I built enabling crosswind runways and accurate gate assignments (as much as possible given photo evidence from sources like Google Earth, airliners.net, etc..)

Enjoy the shots, and if you have FSX and want to see similar results on your system, please read my post on the FSDT forums at: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4227.0

Anders Bermann

Re: (FSX) KJFK at rush hour!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 10:21:23 am »
Looks very nice!

What traffic addon are you using? :)
Best regards, Anders

theshack440

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 07:23:19 pm »
Nice shots, but this scenery's ground texture/resolution ruins
it for me. I hope that FSDreamTeam makes an update!!!

The reason the textures are blurry are probably because they hadn't fully loaded yet. But yeah I hope they make an update soon too. Yeah, is this Worldofai or maybe UT2 because I have been spending a lot of time with the UT2 menu to get it to show the A380s? (I would have a few questions to ask you if it is UT2 because your traffic is really nice  :))

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

hombrexp

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 01:24:30 am »
Looks very nice!

I use Ultimate Traffic 2, and some WOAI/Ultimate GA for cargo, military, Biz jet traffic not covered by UT2.

theshack440

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 03:44:11 am »
Looks very nice!

I use Ultimate Traffic 2, and some WOAI/Ultimate GA for cargo, military, Biz jet traffic not covered by UT2.

What percent commercial traffic density are you using? (on the slider in the UT2 menu) And how do you get damned those A380s to show up! Mine are never there...

Thanks, Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 11:43:29 pm »
 :o FPS CHECK NOW

hombrexp

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 03:56:42 am »

What percent commercial traffic density are you using? (on the slider in the UT2 menu) And how do you get damned those A380s to show up! Mine are never there...

Thanks, Regards

I use 100% at most airports, but not in the NY area, which I change to 70% because this area is a known frame rate hog, since there are nearby heavy airports like KLGA,KEWR,KTEB, not to mention the autogen high rises in Manhattan.  In fact, during normal circumstances most of my sliders are full right for all the autogen/complexity settings, but when I fly in the NE corridor from Philadelphia to Boston, I have to downgrade the FSX settings (in addition to 70% AI) just for flying in this area to maintain a minimum of 10fps needed for a somewhat "fluid" flight in the PMDG 747 with addons like REX, GEX, all the other xxX's.   

I took this screenshot with full sliders for UT2 AI just to show the density and variety of my AI at KJFK during this busy period, but I cannot fly with this much AI because I will get 8fps, not good!  I suppose when I get my next CPU (which ought to o/c to 5ghz easily) later this year I can attempt to run 100% AI in NY, but I doubt that is even possible, NY really stresses even the fastest CPUs today, and I have a 4.2 ghz I7 930 and GTX-480 GPU!

UT2 has the A380 assigned to Air France, but you will need to download a paint from Avsim.com to get it to show up in the sim, and you will have to select a time when Air France flight 7 is operational from KJFK.

Bottom line, pretty screenshots are one thing, but actually flying using such settings is another thing entirely, compromises must be made in terms of graphical quality/traffic density to suit the capabilities of your PC.   This post is just representative of what to expect when someone uses my edited AFCAD to achieve accurate airline parking at the gates.

A.J.

Didier Chabanne

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 01:53:13 am »
Thank you very much for the pictures
I like to fly to Paris CDG and also flights to EDDF.
With Air Transat but B777-200ER/LR B777-300ER
FS2004

theshack440

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 09:42:47 pm »

Thanks, Regards

I use 100% at most airports, but not in the NY area, which I change to 70% because this area is a known frame rate hog, since there are nearby heavy airports like KLGA,KEWR,KTEB, not to mention the autogen high rises in Manhattan.  In fact, during normal circumstances most of my sliders are full right for all the autogen/complexity settings, but when I fly in the NE corridor from Philadelphia to Boston, I have to downgrade the FSX settings (in addition to 70% AI) just for flying in this area to maintain a minimum of 10fps needed for a somewhat "fluid" flight in the PMDG 747 with addons like REX, GEX, all the other xxX's.   

I took this screenshot with full sliders for UT2 AI just to show the density and variety of my AI at KJFK during this busy period, but I cannot fly with this much AI because I will get 8fps, not good!  I suppose when I get my next CPU (which ought to o/c to 5ghz easily) later this year I can attempt to run 100% AI in NY, but I doubt that is even possible, NY really stresses even the fastest CPUs today, and I have a 4.2 ghz I7 930 and GTX-480 GPU!

UT2 has the A380 assigned to Air France, but you will need to download a paint from Avsim.com to get it to show up in the sim, and you will have to select a time when Air France flight 7 is operational from KJFK.

Bottom line, pretty screenshots are one thing, but actually flying using such settings is another thing entirely, compromises must be made in terms of graphical quality/traffic density to suit the capabilities of your PC.   This post is just representative of what to expect when someone uses my edited AFCAD to achieve accurate airline parking at the gates.

A.J.

Aha thank you for your info, I really appreciate it. I finally figured out how to get those A380s up. I have my commercial traffic at 65% and that is where traffic flow is nice and fps are good as well (I know, tell me about the NYC area... it is the worst hog by far).

I agree with your idea that it is one thing for nice screenshots but everyone needs to personalize their settings to get what they want and their best result. I wish I did have your computer though, I have to start saving up for an upgrade!

Thanks a ton,

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com