Author Topic: Any news on KMIA  (Read 8150 times)

757 Captain

Any news on KMIA
« on: November 28, 2010, 06:27:32 am »
It's been a while since I heard any news on the KMIA project from FSDT,are you all going to do KMIA?

NG Pilot

• Who needs Airbus when you have Boeing!
Re: Any news on KMIA
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 08:04:37 pm »
I hope so ;D

Didier Chabanne

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 08:06:14 pm »
You made KMIA yes or no ?
I like to fly to Paris CDG and also flights to EDDF.
With Air Transat but B777-200ER/LR B777-300ER
FS2004

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 09:37:37 pm »
KMIA will most likely be made, which is something we already said. That's the only information we are prepared to share right now, when we'll have more news, we'll post it here.

bojote

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 03:34:54 am »
KMIA will most likely be made,

Wise choice :) I know is not a scientific approach, but a good way to 'measure' scenery popularity is taking a look at VATSIM traffic for that airport. In the US, I would say KMIA, KLAX and KJFK are staffed regularly. So they are more than likely great sellers.

it wouldn't surprise me that both KLAX and KMIA break all sales records for FSDT... I'll bet my life on that ;)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 06:59:03 am »
it wouldn't surprise me that both KLAX and KMIA break all sales records for FSDT... I'll bet my life on that ;)

I wouldn't bet my life but you maybe right.

Out of curosity I wonder to date what the best and worst selling FSDT products are, not counting the Cloud9 stuff since it has been out for so long.

Silverbird

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 02:05:21 pm »

I wouldn't bet my life but you maybe right.

Out of curosity I wonder to date what the best and worst selling FSDT products are, not counting the Cloud9 stuff since it has been out for so long.

Best selling I think is zurich? or jfk. just a guess ???  ;D
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Russ

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 06:55:24 pm »
Best selling I think is zurich? or jfk. just a guess ???  ;D
Though I understand and respect why FSDT wouldn't comment on this I think it interesting and I'm curious about the answer.

I would guess:

1. Zurich
2. KORD
3. Geneva
4. KJFK
5. KLAS
6. KFLL (my favorite)
7. PHNL

DFW and Hawaii are to new to addin the mix, but I think DFW will climb high on the list with it's excellent performance. I hope others will post their thoughts. It would be interesting...

Happy holidays to all,
-Russ

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 08:38:59 pm »
It's difficult to create a best selling list like that, because sceneries have been released in different times so, for example, Zurich has 3 years of sales behind it, while KDFW is only 4 months old.

In any case, JFK is the best selling one, but Zurich and KORD are right up there, and KDFW, KLAS and Geneva are also doing well. But there's not really much difference, they are all doing fine, even KFLL and PHNL are ok, and we are quite sure PHNL has a long life ahead, once we complete the Hawaii airports series.

We never had many surprises: sceneries are selling exactly like we were expecting to, which means sales are basically related to how big and how internationally connected an airport is...the only one that has probably exceeded our expectations is Geneva, we never thought a single runway airport, which is not even the most important in its (small) country, could fare as well as the big US hubs.

Russ

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 09:53:47 pm »
That's really interesting. I would have bet a month's pay on Zurich to be tops for the time factor you mention. I had also thought JFK might be a bit demanding on some systems, but when you think about it everybody flies there as you say (carrier wise). DFW has got to go way high on the list I would think. Very good mid continent location allowing for short, intermediate and long hauls and unbelievable performance with good looks.

Geneva doesn't surprise me at all. It's just a great little package with superb performance and fun to fly into. The approach over the lake is one of my favorites. My two most common flights are EGLL-LSZH and EGLL-LSGG.

I'm thinking LAX will be huge too and will also help with PHNL. My home in the US is very near LAX and it is my least favorite airport on the planet. I can hardly stand to fly into it in the virtual world, let alone real life. But I'll buy it as soon as released....

Thanks for sharing some insights...

Silverbird

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 10:14:39 pm »
It's difficult to create a best selling list like that, because sceneries have been released in different times so, for example, Zurich has 3 years of sales behind it, while KDFW is only 4 months old.

In any case, JFK is the best selling one, but Zurich and KORD are right up there, and KDFW, KLAS and Geneva are also doing well. But there's not really much difference, they are all doing fine, even KFLL and PHNL are ok, and we are quite sure PHNL has a long life ahead, once we complete the Hawaii airports series.

We never had many surprises: sceneries are selling exactly like we were expecting to, which means sales are basically related to how big and how internationally connected an airport is...the only one that has probably exceeded our expectations is Geneva, we never thought a single runway airport, which is not even the most important in its (small) country, could fare as well as the big US hubs.

Thank's Umberto, very interesting  I'm not surprised by JFK its in one of the best city's in the world. and if I have lived and grew up in Europe that would be the first american airport I would be interested in. or at least thats what I think would happen lol.  ;D

klax I'm sure will do good with american customers and European ones since its around Hollywood in California other famous part of the world. kmia is a very interesting airport many many flights out of there especially to south america and central america. I don't own Zurich yet but I tried the demo and the scenery looks really beautiful but I didn't get it yet since I don't fly to much around Europe.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

757 Captain

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 01:48:38 am »
KMIA is a very popular airport,iI fly in and out of the real KMIA very offten and it's my most favorite airport also most of the time there is traffic or ATC at KMIA on VATSIM.There are a number of Domestic,European and Caribbean flights in and out of KMIA,that makes it popular,the wide variety of airports aircrafts depart to and arrive from.