Author Topic: Missing Terminal Buildings  (Read 21965 times)

ESzczesniak

Missing Terminal Buildings
« on: September 23, 2010, 03:00:17 am »
I've been nearing the end of a complete FSX reinstall to move it to another drive with more room.  Previously I had KDFW installed without issues.  However, on my current install I am missing the terminal buildings.  Other structures like the elevated tracker are still there.  Here's what I know:

1. Couatl and Add-on manager menu's both show in FSX menus

2. KDFW shows as activated in the add-on manager

3. There is no residual couatl process running before starting FSX (an issue I've seen in the forums that causes problems with loading the couatl menu)

4. KORD, KJFK, PHNL, KLAS and KFLL are all installed and working

5. I have reinstalled KDFW with all anti-virus software fully turned off without effect

6. I have removed couatl and add-on manager from the "trusted" modules and then reaccepted them when starting FS7

7. I had a similar problem before after installing AICarriers that somehow corrupted dll.exe and exe.exe.  However, this problem spread cross all FSDT airports and was review of these files revealed no entries for couatl or the add-on manager.  I see entries for these now.

The couple other posts I saw for similar issues involved no couatl menus, which is not the case for me.  So I am trying a new post.  Any ideas?  Thanks for any help.

Eric

« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 03:04:10 am by ESzczesniak »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Terminal Buildings
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 10:35:43 am »
If you see both Couatl and Add-on manager menus under the addons menu, you can then safely exclude ALL the other possible issues you listed, because all of them would result in one or both menus not displayed.

If you are seeing both menus, but no scenery, the cause is not related to Addon Manager or Couatl, since they are running fine.

Check the following:

- Your FSX is not running into any of the "Compatibility" modes. This is not the default setting, and it shouldn't be changed.

- Your Scenery Complexity setting is set at least at "Normal" or better.

If this still doesn't apply, try this:

Open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe

Run FSX, go to KDFW, then quit FSX after the airport has been loaded. Check if you have a couatl.log file in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder and post its content here.

ryreaves

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 08:32:19 pm »
I'm having the same problem with two of my terminal buildings. At first everything was visible,then I added AI scenery to FSX, and now those two buildings are gone. All that remains are the jetways and the skytrain. I have ORD,JFK,FLL and LAS installed and none of them are affected. If it helps, I'm using Windows XP 32 bit.

Thanks,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 08:54:50 pm »
Do you see both the "Addon Manager" menu and the "Couatl powered addons" menus under the "Addons" menu ?

ryreaves

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 09:03:50 pm »
Yes, both are present.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 09:16:07 pm »
Then refer to my previous post. Your problem doesn't have anything to do with software not running, antivirus issues or anything like that because, in that case, you wouldn't see one of the menus, or no menus at all.

What AI program are you using ?

ryreaves

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 09:21:45 pm »
I'm using World of AI.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 09:32:28 pm »
Well, that's a bad idea in FSX, since using FS9 models in FSX, on top of losing performance, creates some issues with disappearing stuff (even if it's usually the AI that disappears).

Have you tried turning off the "Airplane Cast shadows on ground" option ? Does it make any difference ?

phenocom

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 09:33:26 pm »
Excuse me for  putting in my two cents worth, but I have to say that World of AI is a terrible program to use in FSX. The flight plans are not in Fsx Format which destroys all FSX traffic. It is basically files just ported over to FSX from FS9 and it can cause other problems one of which might be what you are experiencing. 

ryreaves

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 09:39:44 pm »
I've had "aircraft casts shadows" turned off. I tried turning it back on and it made no difference. I installed WOAI,because I was previously using Ultimate Traffic(first version), which is horrible(far worse frames and basic ac models). If WOAI is the problem what AI program should I be using for FSX?

phenocom

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 06:05:54 pm »
Have you looked at My Traffic 2010?
 That is what I replaced World of AI with. It seems to work fairly well and the models are pretty good ( they even have animations and the jetways in KDFW, PHNL and the Hawaiian Airports work with the planes). The frame rates are pretty good.

ryreaves

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 03:20:07 am »
I removed WOAI and reinstalled the scenery again, and those same two terminals still aren't there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 11:29:27 am »
I'm sorry, but we just can't reproduce this problem, I've asked you to create a log file in a previous message and post its contents, but you haven't followed this, can you please do it now ?

ryreaves

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 08:16:56 pm »
That message  regarding the log file was aimed at the individual, who posted before me. Ill try and make one myself as soon as I can.

ryreaves

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 01:16:46 am »
Heres the information:

couatl v2.0 (build 2070)
log started on Mon Oct 25 18:12:11 2010

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to FSX
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
Loading addon ZurichX:
Addon ZurichX loaded