Author Topic: AMERICAN AIRLINES BOEING 777-300  (Read 17937 times)

PUP4ORD

• UA777
AMERICAN AIRLINES BOEING 777-300
« on: August 29, 2010, 08:14:15 pm »
Here's a new video, a short one AA 777-300 landing on RWY 32L Chicago O'Hare :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

777captain

Re: AMERICAN AIRLINES BOEING 777-300
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 02:07:40 am »
Sorry, but that landing was not good at ALL...The nose gear hit first and you landed almost off the runway. Keep trying, and with practice you'll get better. Watch videos of real landings to get the feel of the proper technique. You'll get better though

SirIsaac726

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 07:13:05 am »
A few suggestions:

1. Run your FS in full-screen.
2. Get rid of the red info at the top of the screen.
3. Tweak your FS so you get better frames or, if I remember correctly, find another program other than FRAPS.  All I've heard about FRAPS is that it kills your frame rates.
4. Land better. :P  Landing like that probably means you came in way too fast or, based on the rate of descent, you were about to stall.  Remember, you can always go-around.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 07:38:41 am »
Terrible  :-[
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 02:32:17 pm »
Landing like that probably means you came in way too fast or, based on the rate of descent, you were about to stall.

Hard to tell from spot view behind the aircraft, but it looks like he simply didn't flare.  I made the other suggestions when he posted his DFW videos, guess he didn't follow them.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 09:32:54 pm »
I'll say this for sure, From the angle its hard to tell however I did not use autopilot to land the plane. :o I had to make proper trim adjustments before I even touchdown on the runway; You can't flare too much or else a tail strike is much likely to happen. I do have another video capture program,Hypercam but have not used it for over a year and never really much impressed with it.
BTW, my settings have been the same. :)

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 09:33:51 pm »
A few suggestions:

1. Run your FS in full-screen.
2. Get rid of the red info at the top of the screen.
3. Tweak your FS so you get better frames or, if I remember correctly, find another program other than FRAPS.  All I've heard about FRAPS is that it kills your frame rates.
4. Land better. :P  Landing like that probably means you came in way too fast or, based on the rate of descent, you were about to stall.  Remember, you can always go-around.
Its in full screen ;D

777captain

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 10:42:08 pm »
I'll say this for sure, From the angle its hard to tell however I did not use autopilot to land the plane. :o I had to make proper trim adjustments before I even touchdown on the runway; You can't flare too much or else a tail strike is much likely to happen. I do have another video capture program,Hypercam but have not used it for over a year and never really much impressed with it.

You're still not getting it though. I know you never used autopilot, it would have done a better job. When you fly, are you using a joystick  ??? Because,YES you make trim adjustments, but the yoke/joystick is for controlling the elevators, which make your plane go up, down. Plus, YOU NEVER FLARED AT ALL....Are you using your keyboard to fly  ??? If so, I suggest investing in a joystick.

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 03:36:55 am »

You're still not getting it though. I know you never used autopilot, it would have done a better job. When you fly, are you using a joystick  ??? Because,YES you make trim adjustments, but the yoke/joystick is for controlling the elevators, which make your plane go up, down. Plus, YOU NEVER FLARED AT ALL....Are you using your keyboard to fly  ??? If so, I suggest investing in a joystick.
Yes I use a joystick ::) In of it self I the keyboard is used for certain functions but not control the plane going up and down.......

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 04:52:03 am »
Its in full screen ;D

Then why do we see the FSX menu at the top of your screen?   ???
And you really need to start using things designed to help you fly better, like autopilot.  Load in your ILS frequency and hit approach hold as soon as you lock on the localizer, about all you have to do is reduce airspeed and drop flaps and gear.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

SirIsaac726

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 06:31:30 am »

No, that is absolutely false.  You can still flare quite a bit before you are in danger of having a tailstrike.  And for proof of that, see this video of a real 777 landing:

Notice there is quite a bit of distance between the nose wheel and the ground and the tail and the ground.  That is a proper landing.  Landing nose wheel first like you did is dangerous.  And you don't have to set the autopilot like Bruce said.  I hand fly almost all of my approaches and none of them look like that.  I do load the ILS freq. though.  But I still think you are coming in way too fast and that is your problem.  Of course, I can't say for sure but that is just my guess.

And regarding it being in full screen, no it isn't.  Full screen means the menu bar isn't visible.  You have it in windowed mode but maximized as much as it can be.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 02:52:42 pm »
And you don't have to set the autopilot like Bruce said.  I hand fly almost all of my approaches...

That is your personal preference.  Personally, the flight deck is busy enough during approach, and you should use what Boeing and Microsoft gave you.  I still recommend that Ken use the AP for his.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 07:49:05 pm »
And you don't have to set the autopilot like Bruce said.  I hand fly almost all of my approaches...

That is your personal preference.  Personally, the flight deck is busy enough during approach, and you should use what Boeing and Microsoft gave you.  I still recommend that Ken use the AP for his.

Oh, of course.  I never said you shouldn't use autopilot but you don't have to.  Many pilots I've heard from like hand flying if their airline's SOP allow it and the weather is clear and winds are calm.  (After all, they spent years and tons of money learning how to hand fly a plane, why not use that skill?)  And I agree, it might be better for Ken to use the autopilot until he has more practice, especially if you are going to try and take a video of it.

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 07:53:43 pm »
Let me clear a few things, I do use the autopilot and program the ILS settings during the approach; I also like to fly the plane without the autopilot from time to time making precise movements on the joystick. As for the landing, I know it might be hard to tell in the video however you DON'T see any sparks coming from the plane but what you do see is the normal smoke cloud when the landing gear touches down on runway. ;)

SirIsaac726

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 08:02:35 pm »
Let me clear a few things, I do use the autopilot and program the ILS settings during the approach; I also like to fly the plane without the autopilot from time to time making precise movements on the joystick. As for the landing, I know it might be hard to tell in the video however you DON'T see any sparks coming from the plane but what you do see is the normal smoke cloud when the landing gear touches down on runway. ;)
Oh my god...your killing me.  If you insist on flying in an unrealistic manner, fine, no one is stopping you.  But seeing sparks compared to smoke means nothing.  You touched down hard on your nose gear.  In real life, your nose gear would have been at risk of collapsing if you landed on it hard enough.

DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE VIDEO I POSTED A LINK TO?  THAT IS A NORMAL LANDING.  WHAT YOU DID ISN'T.