Author Topic: DFW for FSX Serious start up Issue  (Read 46186 times)

marcanthonystorm

DFW for FSX Serious start up Issue
« on: August 13, 2010, 06:11:47 am »
has anyone experienced after downloading DFW, an issue where fSX stops opening and says there's a problem.  The problem tells me that " FLight Simulator has detected a problem with third party software.

Name Bglmanx Dynamic Link library
Version: 2,7,0,29

File.  bglmanx.dll
I cant seem to get the Addon Manager to operate in the upper tab, it's not visible as well as coault is not there to click on. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: DFW for FSX Serious start up Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 11:30:14 am »
- Reboot Windows

- Uninstall the scenery, reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?"

- Disable the Antivirus

- Reinstall the scenery

- Configure the Antivirus to exclude the FSX\bglmanx.dll file

- Run FSX, authorize both files, if asked.

- If FSX crashes once, try it again without doing anything else. If it still crashes, reboot Windows another time and try again.

Be sure you are NOT using FSX in "XP compatibility mode", if you are running Vista or Windows 7.

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 02:27:13 am »
Tried what you said and it didnt work.  Also don't know how to tell AVG for Free to allow the bglmanx.dll   Im lost here, my system never had any issue and after I installed the DFW and put in the registration key it all failed from there.  My system has 4.2 ghz processor, 6 gbs of Dominator GT 2000mhz, 3 Solid state drives and adding one more.  ATi Radeon 5970.  Pretty much handles what ever fsx throws at it but this is a mess.  It all happened right after I put in the registration key for DFW and I have all the other FSDreamTeam airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 11:02:07 am »
It all happened right after I put in the registration key for DFW and I have all the other FSDreamTeam airports.

Ok, so it means it DID worked when you first installed KDFW, otherwise you woldn't be able to open its menu to add the Serial Number, so it hasn't happened after downloading and installing.

Are you sure that you rebooted Windows BOTH as the initial step and also after trying a couple of times by allowing the module to run (even if FSX suggests against it ?) This might be important.

Try this:

- Open your FSX.CFG file, located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX, with Notepad.

- Look under the [Trusted] section, and remove ALL the lines that contains a reference to bglmanx.dll. The whole line. Save the file back, don't launch FSX yet.

- Launch FSX. At the request to Trust the Addon Manager, reply YES, to both question, the one by Windows and the one by FSX itself.

- If you get the error the 3rd party module can't be loaded, IGNORE IT, and ALLOW it to run, regardless of what it says. Don't worry if FSX crashes after having issued that message. It doens't matter.

- Keep trying and, allow 20-30 seconds between each tries. If after 3-4 times it's always the same, REBOOT Windows and try again. Yes, this IS important, do it please.

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 05:47:09 pm »
ok i did as you said and removed the bglmanx line from the FSX config and saved.  There were several of them.  I restart FSX and I get the 3rd Party error again but I press yes.  Then the Coautle window comes up and I say yes and do I trust this software and Yes again.  Then it looks like it will load but then I get thei warning that Flight Simulator has stopped working, check for solution.  Each time I do this the bglmanx is sput back in the FSX Conf file..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 06:15:33 pm »
Yes, of course, it's normal that when you allow the file to run, it will save that info in the FSX.CFG. I asked to reset it, not because it's not supposed to be there, but because there's a known bug in FSX that, sometimes, the trust system acts strange so, by removing the files and triggering a new trust question, it's reset.

Are you running FSX "Ad Administrator ?", if yes, turn it off.

Also, are you running FSX in the "XP Compatibility mode" ? If yes, turn if off.

To do this, go into the FSX folder, select the FSX.EXE, right click on it, select "Properties", then select the "Compatibility" tab and be sure NOTHING is checked there, which is how FSX defaults to.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 07:04:05 pm by virtuali »

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 07:00:06 pm »
well if I check on Compatibiltiy mode Windows XP (Service Pack 3) lights up.  But if I dont check that spot then it's not highlighted.  I didn t have it checked to begin with so what should I do.  IM running windows 7 64 bit.  And I tried over and over again.  Im about to reinstall this thing because its been a day of nothing.  No flying just messing around with a program that just doesnt want to be friendly anymore.

Marc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 07:03:38 pm »
If nothing is checked, than it's ok, don't check anything.

Try to download this update from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

Use the vcredist_x86.exe file, yes, use that one, even if you are on 64 bit OS.

Always reboot Windows before each try, please.

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 07:28:34 pm »
I installed the link you gave me and didnt work either.  I have rebooted and started up and get the same thing each time and CTD. 

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 07:37:09 pm »
I even took out the FSX.CFG folder and left it on the desk top and rebooted.  Then start up FSX and it actually seemed to skip the error and went to Coautle and then asked permission so I said yes and then Boom the error came back.  Not much else to do but uninstall my whole system because of one add on

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 08:16:37 pm »
Then start up FSX and it actually seemed to skip the error and went to Coautle and then asked permission so I said yes and then Boom the error came back. 

It's not clear: you said you get an error after trusting Couatl but, which error ?

- An error related to Couatl

- The same as the first error about bglmanx.dll

- An FSX error without specifing any module, followed by a crash

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 08:18:20 pm »
The same as the first error about bglmanx.dll

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 08:19:57 pm »
Also, you said you didn't know how to exclude files and folder from scanning with AVG, have a look here:

http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=25943#post_25943

The correct procedure to fix any possible antivirus interference is:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 08:21:26 pm »
Another thing to try is enabling UAC, if you have it disabled, or disabled it, if you have it enabled. It will require a reboot each time you change the setting.

Have a look here how to disable/enabled UAC in Windows 7

http://www.blogsdna.com/1815/how-to-disable-uac-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7-beta-1-build-7000.htm

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 08:51:53 pm »
Honestly I could have rebuilt the FSX on my RIG by now.  Im not sure why this happened but it did happen with FSDreamTeam.  As big of a fan I am of there software, something went wrong and it happened with DFW when I installed it and tried to register the product. This is most unfortunate.