Author Topic: KDFW Taxiway & Artifact Problems  (Read 15595 times)

Michael_B767_ATP

KDFW Taxiway & Artifact Problems
« on: August 10, 2010, 05:16:51 pm »
Hi,

I've enclosed some screen shots showing some of the problems I'm having with KDFW.  Shots 1, 2, 4 & 5 show taxiway lighting shift onto the taxiway as well as artifacts. Shots 3 & 6 shows FSX once it crashes when attempting to cross elevated taxiways A, B, Y & Z.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: KDFW has the highest priority within FSX's scenery.cfg file / No other KDFW airport scenery installed
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------
The screen shots below show the same problems as the shots above
------------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:52:23 pm by Michael_B767_ATP »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: KDFW Taxiway & Artifact Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 06:15:54 pm »
Michael,

I dont know if you have looked at my thread http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.0 , but I am also experiencing some of the same issues as you are, like the artifacts(bleed thru) and shifting of small objects, as well as some seams in the ground texture, like in your 2nd picture titled "taxiway A".

It seems that from what Umberto has said in my post at least, is that simconnect can get flooded and that it can create the problems in the ground textures because they are controlled by the addon manager. My scenery works fine until I have UT2 enabled and EZDok enabled, then addon manager and simconnect seem to get to much info to process and I start getting things like you are seeing. I am still testing on my end by enabling one module at a time to see which one causes the worst interaction.

I have also noticed that I get a lot of problems with this scenery when flying the LDS 767, which is my primary plane that I use in FSX. In my testing the last few days I have also noticed that the ground textures behave differently when I am using the LDS 767 with native FSX paints using .dds textures. If I use other LDS paints using .bmps originally for FS9 paints but work in FSX, then I seem to get more problems in the ground textures.

I am wondering if not only the simconnect flooding is causing these probelms but if there is an issue with the way some video cards handle these textures when mixed with other things using .bmp's, like the LDS 767 since everytime I fly a plane that has .bmp textures I get more issues at this airport.

Frankly, as much as I love what FSDT did at this airport, I fear that it is almost too advanced in it way it uses the gorund textures, because there seems to be no leeway if you load it up. I would be willing to go back to their older style of ground textures, even if they are lower res and have no specs or bumps, just to make it easier on the system.

I am confindent that FSDT will be able to help us get this straightened out. Although I will admit I will be disappointed if I can never get mine to work consistantly well depending on which addons I have running a the time. Plus if there are going to use these methods to texture the ground in all their new airports then I am afraid I will not be able to use them the way I want.

BTW, where are your terminals in the last pic?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 06:23:19 pm »
cmpbllsjc, please, let me handle support, the problem Michael is having doesn't have anything to do with yours, this is something very specific to the elevated taxiways area, doesn't have anything to do with Simconnect or with other addons.

Michael, we have updated the scenery, can you see if the airplane crash is fixed with the 1.02 update we just posted here ?

Also, try to put your Mesh complexity slider at 10 m/pixel and not higher, it should fix the visual artifacts.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:26:49 pm by virtuali »

Michael_B767_ATP

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 06:28:11 pm »
Hi,

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 06:29:30 pm »
cmpbllsjc, please, let me handle support, the problem Michael is having doesn't have anything to do with yours, this is something very specific to the elevated taxiways area, doesn't have anything to do with Simconnect or with other addons.

Sorry.

The only reason I spoke is cause it looked like some of the issue I had.

Michael_B767_ATP

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 06:34:35 pm »
Hi,

Just installed the update (1.0.2.0), restarted FSX. Same problem as shown above, Artifacts, shifted taxi lights and aircraft crash when entering the elevated taxiway. This is with the Level-D 767.

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:40:39 pm by Michael_B767_ATP »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 06:45:35 pm »
Have done this ?

Also, try to put your Mesh complexity slider at 10 m/pixel and not higher, it should fix the visual artifacts.

Michael_B767_ATP

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 06:47:30 pm »
Hi,

I changed the mesh complexity slider just about all the way to the left, down to 10. The Artifacts are slightly reduced. Here is another screen shot of the level-D falling through the elevated taxiway. You can also see some artifacts.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:54:35 pm by Michael_B767_ATP »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 06:54:10 pm »
What other meshes have you installed ? This is what I see there:

Michael_B767_ATP

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 06:58:44 pm »
Hi,

The only mesh I have installed is everything from FSGenesis (GalaxyPlus Lifetime Membership) for FSX.

1. Canada Terrain Mesh V1.0
 2. Alaska-Hawaii Terrain Mesh V1
 3. North America Terrain Mesh V2.02
 4. Mexico Terrain Mesh V2.0
 5. Northern Russia & Siberia Terrain mesh V1.0
 6. United States Terrain Mesh  (West Coast) V2
 7. United States Terrain Mesh  (Rockies) V2
 8. United States Terrain Mesh  (Plains) V2
 9. United States Terrain Mesh  (East Coast) V2
10. World Terrain Mesh V1.2
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:09:10 pm by Michael_B767_ATP »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 07:05:13 pm »
The only mesh I have installed is everything from FSGenesis (GalaxyPlus Lifetime Membership) for FSX.

Could you try to disable it, momentarily ? Just turn it off in the Scenery Library and restart FSX

Michael_B767_ATP

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 07:11:40 pm »
Hi,

The only one listed in the Scenery Library is FSGNorthAtlantic, no other FSG Mesh is listed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 07:17:29 pm »
The only one listed in the Scenery Library is FSGNorthAtlantic, no other FSG Mesh is listed.

Is it possible they are installed in the Scenery\World\Scenery folder ? In that case, you should move the addon .BGL to a different folder (outside FSX) to disable them

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 07:34:20 pm »
Sorry for opening my mouth, but when reading the conversation between you two I think the dialogue has gotten skewed.

Umberto said to "put your Mesh complexity slider at 10 m/pixel and not higher."  I think what he mean was put the Mesh Resolution slider at 10m.

Michael said "I set up the mesh just about all the way to the left, down to 10" which leads me to believe he lowered his Mesh Complexity to 10 since thats where it would be if he put it all the way to the left.

I think its supposed to be set like this:

Mesh Complexity 100
Mesh Resolution 10m

Sorry guys for butting in since Umberto told me to stay out and leave the support to him, but it looked like there was a misunderstanding in your conversation.

I wont say another word.

Michael_B767_ATP

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 07:51:29 pm »
Hi,

I removed all FSGenesis.bgl files from the Scenery\World\Scenery FSX sub folder and restarted FSX, same problem. So I put everything back into the mentioned folder and tried the following.

Since the original setting change of Mesh Complexity to 10 did not fix the problem, I thought I would try cmpbllsjc's change of Mesh Resolution to 10m, keeping the Mesh Complexity at 100. That got rid of the artifacts and I am now able to taxi across all elevated taxiways.

The only thing I still notice is the taxi lighting on four out of the six elevated taxiways are shifted onto the taxiway.

Thanks for the help
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 08:04:23 pm by Michael_B767_ATP »