Author Topic: Optimizing Services Selection for Airliners  (Read 165 times)

rsaberi

Optimizing Services Selection for Airliners
« on: May 08, 2024, 08:00:20 am »
Hello,

I know this has been discussed before, but I see more and more people complaining about selecting services for catering, ground services, etc.! It would be really nice, if you could revise the program so that it would automatically select the ground and catering services that is associated with the airline you are flying. You can probably add some selection in the main tab (GSX settings) that people can choose which airline they fly and which catering service associates with that airline. Then program it so if an airport provides that airline's services,  GSX would automatically choose that airline/catering that is selected in the GSX setting for the airline, and if an airport doesn't provide the airline's services, then GSX should ask which service provide we prefer! That would make the GSX even more immersive than it currently is.

Please consider doing this.

Thank you very much.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Optimizing Services Selection for Airliners
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 12:03:03 pm »
There aren't more and more people "complaining" about selecting services for catering, ground service, the selection works perfectly fine, and if you don't like "selecting", the operator menu has a fairly short timeout, which will automatically select one of the operators automatically so, the system works perfectly.

And the reason why it's WRONG that your airline would guide the operator selection, has been explained not only in the manual, but also so many times, and I think to you as well, many times. I'll try again: the reason why your airline should NOT control the operator selection, it's because the operator is something that is available (or not) on the AIRPORT so, it's correctly related to the airport profile instead.

Because, of course, it would be wrong to expect your favorite operator would follow you everywhere you land, which is what will happen if your own airline controlled the operator.

Since for quite a long time, it's possible to assign any operators to any parking spot, the airport profile can realistically set which operators are available in a certain place so, even if the default scoring system is not accurate for your liking, the explicit operator selection can override it.

rsaberi

Re: Optimizing Services Selection for Airliners
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2024, 08:10:17 pm »
Seems like you did not read my post carefully! You can justify your current process as much as you want and that's fine. I think you can do better than that and improve the GSX in that regard.