Author Topic: Disable GSX menu pop-up upon engine shutdown  (Read 237 times)

Mr_Moss

Disable GSX menu pop-up upon engine shutdown
« on: May 05, 2024, 10:19:14 pm »
Apologies if this has been discussed before, I did have a search around on the forums but couldn't find anything.

Is there a way to stop the GSX menu from automatically opening upon engine shutdown? I didn't see any options in the GSX settings about this behaviour.

Many thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Disable GSX menu pop-up upon engine shutdown
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2024, 10:56:06 am »
I didn't see any options in the GSX settings about this behaviour.

GSX Settings, Page 30 of the Manual:

Good Engine Start confirmation

This setting control if you want to perform the extra step of having to confirm a good engine start before completing the Pushback. By default is enabled, but you might want to disable it here, to save some time.

Note that, some airplanes that coded GSX integration, like the Fenix A320, expect that option to be enabled and they don't work correctly if you disable it so, they have the ability to override your setting and prevent you from changing it while the airplane is loaded, so the option is listed to be set externally and can't be changed.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 10:59:56 am by virtuali »

Mr_Moss

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 06:32:21 pm »
I am not referring to "good engine start", I am referring to engine SHUTDOWN. At the end of a flight, when I shut the engine down (or in some aeroplanes, turn the battery/avionics off), the GSX menu appears automatically. I would like to turn this behaviour off, as it sometimes causes a brief stutter when the menu opens.

Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2024, 12:09:47 pm »
At the end of a flight, when I shut the engine down (or in some aeroplanes, turn the battery/avionics off), the GSX menu appears automatically. I would like to turn this behaviour off, as it sometimes causes a brief stutter when the menu opens.

The GSX menu doesn't do that or, at least, it's nothing we coded. So, either an airplane code or another addon with some kind of GSX integration is causing this, or perhaps there's some key conflict between the GSX hotkey (which can be changed, of course) and the same key assigned to something else.

In ALL these cases, regardless what the real reason for the menu opening automatically, you can prevent it by closing it from the Toolbar, so its icon becomes Inactive. When in that state, nothing can open the menu automatically.

Mr_Moss

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2024, 10:11:02 am »
Understood. If this isn't GSX native behaviour then I shall investigate what's causing it & report back if I find anything for other users experiencing the same thing

Thank you