Author Topic: Stop stairs coming to front door  (Read 625 times)

rondon9897

Stop stairs coming to front door
« on: June 24, 2023, 02:19:58 pm »
Hi there,
I use RYR 737s in the sim a lot and as they have airstairs, I don’t want the steps brought up to the front door, only to the rear. Is there a way of setting this? Because I have seen GSX do this before, but I have no idea how it’s configured.
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stop stairs coming to front door
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 10:35:34 pm »
For boarding, you must extend the embedded staircase before calling GSX.

For deboarding, the embedded stair option is not used, since GSX needs to generate vehicles while you are still taxiing, so it cannot know in advance if you are going to use the embedded stairs, that would need some kind of special support that will require an update to GSX.

streichholz

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023, 04:05:46 pm »
I have reinstalled everything from the ground and since i have my new system, gsx isn't detecting the airstairs from the PMDG 737 anymore? Am I the only one? Am I doing something wrong?

I always call GSX AFTER I released the airstairs.

SN737

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2024, 02:29:00 am »
pmdg airstairs down then calling gsx, gsx still brings it's front stairs. So not working.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 10:50:11 am »
I'll clarify again, because my reply might not be very clear:

- On arrival, you just CAN'T use the airstair, unless you don't select ANY gate, park on it, and select it only *after* you shut down the engines and set brakes. This is a known GSX limitation we need to work on, likely with a new option in the menu that will ask you in advance if you are planning to use Airstairs, when you select a gate on Arrival.

- On departure, you must extend the staircases before doing *anything* with GSX, that is before GSX created any objects, because when its objects are created is the time when, depending on the airstairs status, that GSX decides to create or not the parking front stairs.

SN737

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2024, 06:56:41 pm »
I'll clarify again, because my reply might not be very clear:

- On arrival, you just CAN'T use the airstair, unless you don't select ANY gate, park on it, and select it only *after* you shut down the engines and set brakes. This is a known GSX limitation we need to work on, likely with a new option in the menu that will ask you in advance if you are planning to use Airstairs, when you select a gate on Arrival.

- On departure, you must extend the staircases before doing *anything* with GSX, that is before GSX created any objects, because when its objects are created is the time when, depending on the airstairs status, that GSX decides to create or not the parking front stairs.

That's how's it's been done, still gsx front stairs override the pmdg airstairs.