Author Topic: P3DV5.3  (Read 1073 times)

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
P3DV5.3
« on: February 14, 2023, 09:10:50 pm »
Hello!

Good thing is that I visited a friend and tested with new MSFS. I didn't like it. I decided to stay with P3D. Currently, I'm still with P3D4.5.

So, I am wondering if all of FSDT's products such as KCLT, KLAX, KIAH, KJFK, KDFW etc would work with P3DV5.3?

Please let me know.

Many thanks.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: P3DV5.3
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 11:24:36 pm »
Yes, it works with both V4 and V5. When you run the installer, it'll ask which one you want to install it in.
Captain Kevin

villaloha

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 08:10:43 pm »
Many thanks Captain Kevin.

I am wondering if Umberto is currently working on new KIAH, KLAX and etc for P3D5? Because KIAH is horrible scenery for P3Dv4.5.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 10:29:37 am »
I think we confirmed multiple times, the only product that will be continued to be developed for FSX/P3D, is GSX.

villaloha

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 03:37:54 pm »
Greetings Umberto!

"Multiply times", obviously all of your customers including myself, are very eager to buy better and more updated airports you produced. I certainly hope you will change your mind and reconsider to re-do all airports in the near future. Rest assured, everyone will be delighted and purchase right away!

I searched everywhere to see if anyone is developing a new KIAH but to no avail!

Of course, we prefer reality over non-existent airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2023, 04:14:58 pm »
obviously all of your customers including myself

The problem is that, there aren't much customers left on P3D, and nothing is telling us this will ever going to improve in the future.

Since our resources are very limited, and we have an hard time even releasing airports for MSFS, which is like 80% of the market now ( with the remaining split between FSX and P3D ), you can't expect we'd dedicate our already stretched out resources to make an airport for a market shrunk to 1/10 to what it used to be.

Of course, I'm sure you must have heard exactly the same story from almost every other airport developer that used to make FSX/P3D sceneries so, either:

- We are ALL going mad, and we are trying to intentionally hurt ourselves by releasing products for the "wrong" platform.

- We see the sales ( even compared to P3D better days, before you start with "if you don't release anything, we can't buy anything" ), and act according to what the market is telling us.

Right now, X-Plane has a bigger user base than P3D, and we still don't find their userbase large enough to justify diverting resources to it.

villaloha

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2023, 04:22:38 pm »
Thanks Umberto for the explanation. I understand. Houston, I think, is the only airport that really needs a better update. I don't like X-Plane and MSFS. I will stick with P3D5 for the rest of my life. :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2023, 04:47:55 pm »
I will stick with P3D5 for the rest of my life

You are now assuming that would be the last P3D version, ever.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2023, 05:04:33 pm »
You are now assuming that would be the last P3D version, ever.
For what it's worth, I'm still running P3D V4.5. Even with V5 being out, there are things about it I don't like, so I've stuck with V4.
Captain Kevin