Author Topic: live update  (Read 1242 times)

pks1414

live update
« on: November 16, 2022, 05:37:37 pm »
Is there any way of telling if my software is now fully up to date. I keep selecting update and it keeps doing it? does it stop when fully up to date

sidfadc

Re: live update
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 08:56:23 pm »
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

We don't talk about version numbers around here...... 8)

Rhinozherous

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 09:08:13 pm »
I hope running the update once makes it last available version??  :P

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 12:45:11 pm »
I hope running the update once makes it last available version??  :P

Of course, as explained in the Release notes sticky thread:

IMPORTANT NOTE:

The Airport Services and Jetways sceneries ZIP files are supposed to be always downloaded, this is normal. Those kind of files are thousands of very small files that compress very well, so we found it was faster to always redownload them as single ZIP files, then check thousands of individual files if they are in need of an update.

Unencrypted versions of FSDT airport files for FSDT sceneries bought on the MS Marketplace will also be downloaded every time, this is also normal.

This means:

1) Do you see files being downloaded, other then the 3 kinds listed in the above important note ? If YES, you needed an update and it's downloading now. If NO, you DO have the latest version. Is that simple.

2) Do you see files OTHER than the 3 kind explained there being downloaded over and over, even if you run the updater twice in a row ? If YES, your local Cloudflare node hasn't got the latest files, which means you need to Download and install the current OFFLINE INSTALLER, and install it after an update.

Even if we had the mythical "version number", if you were affected by case #2, you still wouldn't get the "latest version", even if the program would think and show you have the "latest version". That's why we have an offline installer to begin with, to cover even the case of you not getting what we put online because of the time delay to sync servers.

pks1414

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 07:33:54 pm »
I get the 1 of 37 starting but it never goes further than that?

blntydmr

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022, 04:14:59 pm »
I get the 1 of 37 starting but it never goes further than that?
Mine either.

BiTRiP

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 04:32:22 pm »
Same here. I even have done a complete uninstall and reinstall but it it keeps doing the same.
It's not only checking but also downloading.
Also shows 1 of 37 and then disappears.....

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2022, 12:14:34 am »
If you only own GSX, it won't go any further than 1 out of 37. The other 36 steps assumes you own every single FSDreamteam product out there.
Captain Kevin