Author Topic: audio environment crashes in conjunction with addon-manager  (Read 5128 times)

Kai-Uwe

audio environment crashes in conjunction with addon-manager
« on: February 19, 2010, 05:29:44 pm »
hello,

yesterday I bought audio-environment from flight1. But it doesn't work together with the Addonmanager; the FSX crashes after loading. The entries in the dll.xml are in this way that first the module from ae is loaded and very below the is the addonmanager. Each module on its own works wonderful, no problems. But together they bite each other. What can I do now?

thanks Kai

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: audio environment crashes in conjunction with addon-manager
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 10:23:07 pm »
Try to rearrange the loading order, putting the audio enviroment entry after the Addon Manager. There was already a thread on Flight1's forum about this:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=32926

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 12:18:39 pm »
thanks Umberto,

I did it and now it works.

a nice weekend!

Kai

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 05:49:02 pm »
An update on this issue, we confirm that, if Audio Environment is loaded before the Addon Manager in the DLL.XML file, it will crash FSX.

The solution is to re-arrange the loading order of the modules in the DLL.XML files but, if you don't want to do it by hand, if you download the Stand Alone Addon Manager for FSX here:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/setup_addonmanagerX.exe

we have recently updated it to put its line always at the top so, it would be enough to run its installation AFTER having installed Audio Environment, and will re-arrange the lines automatically.

Festijn

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 05:44:14 pm »
Hello,

Is there a solution for the helicopter CTD bug?

Because audio environment still keeps crashing.

see http://www.simforums.com/forums/audio-environment-helicopter-ctd_topic34118.html

Regards
Festijn

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 08:05:17 pm »
I don't see how the helicopter crash could possibly have anything to do with our module. The loading order matters, but we fixed our installer to put the correct order 2 years ago when the problem was discovered.

Just as a test, can you try to simply disable the Addon Manager, by putting the following line:

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

in your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML file, in the line that loads the Addon Manager (bglmanx.dll) the line is already there, and it's by default set to False, just change it to True, and you will disable the loading of the Addon Manager.

If your audio environment still crashes with helicopters, than you would be sure it's not related to the Addon Manager. Of course, you'll have to re-enable it to use any FSDT product, but just for testing, it might be helpful to do this.

Festijn

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 01:18:01 pm »
Hi,

I have disabled addon manger per instructions.
Butthe ctd with the aemodule is still there. So it seems that there is no problem with the addon manger. I reactivated the addon manager and uninstalled the aemodule.

Kind regards
Festijn