Author Topic: About activation with FSX and FS9 on two different computers  (Read 3950 times)

modul

About activation with FSX and FS9 on two different computers
« on: February 15, 2010, 07:06:43 pm »
Hello,

Sorry if this was asked, I spent some time searching but not found an answer that fits to my situation.

First, I’ve just built a new computer to handle FSX, and I’ve reinstalled FS Dreamteam sceneries, that’s for sure count for a reactivation. Now I’d like to install FS2004 on my laptop computer since I’m often far from home due to my job. So I would like to know, if I reinstall the sceneries on this second computer, but for FS2004 this time, will this count for an activation only for FS2004 or for the two sims?  More simply, are the 6 activations for both sims, or 6 for FSX on one computer, and 6 for FS2004 on the second computer?

And second question, how do I know how many activations are left?

Thanks for your help.

Alain

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: About activation with FSX and FS9 on two different computers
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 09:05:35 pm »
The activation is not inside Flight sim, but it's tied to the hardware, so:

- regardless if you use FS9 and FSX, or FSX only, or FS9 only, on one PC, it will always count as 1 activation

- regardless if you use FS9 and FSX, or FSX only, or FS9 only, on two PCs, it will always count as 2 activations

And second question, how do I know how many activations are left?

You don't but, it should't be a problem, since you have 6 of them, and you have 2 computers, and one is a laptop that can't change major hardware components, so it shouldn't consume additional activations like the first one.

And, there's the auto-reclaim of old activations every 90 days, which makes really unlikely you'll ever consume your available ones.

And, even if you do, there's always the chance to ask for a reactivation via email.

Really, activation is never a problem: we had to reactivate a few people only, most of the time we get email from users that thought to have finished their activations, when they used only 1 or 2, but they email nonetheless, usually becasue they lost their purchase receipt, and there's an automatic provision even for that, without having to email us.

modul

Re: About activation with FSX and FS9 on two different computers
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 06:42:29 pm »
Hello,

thanks a lot for your time and clear explanations.

Regards.

Alain