Author Topic: How to uninstall GSX pro for FS2020 ?  (Read 2048 times)

Mic096

How to uninstall GSX pro for FS2020 ?
« on: August 25, 2022, 04:52:04 pm »
Hi.
It would be great if you could guide me.
I would like to cleanly uninstall GSX Pro for FS2020 so that there is no trace on my computer.
What should I do.
Thank you in advance for your answer.  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to uninstall GSX pro for FS2020 ?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 05:41:37 pm »
If the reason you want to do this is because you want to have final and definitive proof GSX is not the cause of any of the crashes that many have experiencing today, the procedure is as follows:

- Uninstall GSX Pro from the FSDT Installer

- Remove the Addon Manager folder.

This step is not really necessary as far as the simulator is concerned because, once the Couatl line is removed from the sim EXE.XML file and the two gsx packages are unlinked from the Community folder, which are both steps performed by the Uninstall button in the FSDT Installer, leaving the Addon Manager folder there or not won't make any difference in relationship to what happens in the simulator, since GSX doesn't change or touch *ANY* files in the simulator itself. But it will save you some disk space.

- IF you want to be really thorough, you might remove this folder as well:

MS Store version:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro

Steam version:
%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro

I don't think the simulator will use it once the relative package has been unlinked but, if you want total peace of mind, you can do that.

If you *really* want to go the extra mile, you can also remove this key from the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\FSDreamTeam

This will of course require reactivation of all products in case you reinstall.

And you can also remove those two folders:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali
%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali

This is as completed uninstall.

But please, if the reason of your question was to assess if MSFS is crashing because of GSX, after you do all of that, WAIT to apply the suggested solution from Microsoft to the crashes, which has been posted on their forum, that is Search for Windows Updates, and Restart the PC even if there are none.

Because if you do it at the same time you remove GSX, you can be easily mislead you fixed the crashes by removing GSX, which clearly is not the case, the Microsoft solution did that.